IGNORED

Any experience with iFi Audio iDefender 3.0?

Break the noisy USB power, but in the correct way

There are more than a few products that break the USB power connection, but of the ones known to us, they do very little because the noisy ground connection remains.

For DACs that do not use USB power (except for handshake) the iDefender3.0® breaks the ground connection eliminating earth loops, while allowing normal handshake operation to continue. So in terms of cutting out the noise, it does it in the most comprehensive way possible while at the same time, in an electrically correct way.iFi_Defender_M.jpg

Break the noisy USB power, but in the correct way

There are more than a few products that break the USB power connection, but of the ones known to us, they do very little because the noisy ground connection remains.

For DACs that do not use USB power (except for handshake) the iDefender3.0® breaks the ground connection eliminating earth loops, while allowing normal handshake operation to continue. So in terms of cutting out the noise, it does it in the most comprehensive way possible while at the same time, in an electrically correct way.[ATTACH=CONFIG]32358[/ATTACH]

I have an Aurender X100 connected to my AMR DP-777 SE via a TOTALDAC USB cable. Was curious about the effects and even though jitterbug was a total disappointment in my setup I decided do try this no brainer and return if it shows no effect.

But, complete opposite, improvement is clearly audible, bass is crispier and more precise. Did several A/B tests with different music genres, all showed an enhanced music stage. I will definitely keep it.

I have no issues with ground loops using my phone but the 5V port is handy as I am bypassing the phone to get clean 5v battery regulated. If your dac can run without 5v Sbooster may be better. I need to run in new headphones before doing some more experiments..The I silencer is in the growing chain with a purifier 2. but it's pc based connections not phone so I have ordered gender adapters so it will fit in the intona pre dac. A lot of toys and messing around but I will post after doing some removing adding experiments when the headphones are sonically stable if I can perceive any benefits to all this spending.

An email to AMR would help you as it's thier companies..

Good luck

Dave

Sent from my SM-G900F using Computer Audiophile mobile app

I see they have the USB iSliencer too, what's the difference?

Digital Sources: Optimised HP TouchSmart PC/CEC TL-1X CD Player/AMR DP-777 DAC/Theta Digital DS Pro Basic II (old)

Analogue Sources:Koetsu Jade Platinum MC Cartridge/Tri-Planar arm/Kuzma Stabi Reference turntable/AMR PH-77 Phono Stage

Amplifiers:The Gryphon Elektra Preamplifier/Convergent Audio Technology JL2 Signature Mk 2 Stereo Amplifier

Speakers:Kharma Grand Ceramique Midi[br]Cables:Nordost Valhalla (interconnect and speaker cables)/Shunyata Research power Snakes power cables

Portable: Sony PHA-1/PHA-2; Dragonfly 1.0/1.2; Meridian Explorer, Director; iFi nano iDSD, micro iDAC, micro iDSD; Geek Out; Hdta Serenade DSD

The silencer has EMI RFI filter and thier reclocking inverse signal filtering.

Supposedly like the Jitter bug with an accumulation of benefit on the same USB bus. I got both to see if there is a benefit...Like I said I am still waiting for my headphones to settle and I had to buy two adapters so I can use it with my phone , not hanging out a laptop PC...

I need more time to judge..

Have fun

Dave

Sent from my SM-G900F using Computer Audiophile mobile app