IGNORED

Any experiences with RME ADI-2 Pro DAC?

I got an ADI 2 Pro today, it sounds really nice through an active Presonus R65 nearfield studio monitor.

It is warming up by the minute. Hope to try the A/D converter as soon as I can.

From the unbalanced outputs in the rear to the Fostex line input. I think Fostex also passes through the analog in to analog out with the front panel switch (with or without volume control), although I don't remember checking that. I have set the ADI-2 reference level to +13 dBu. Once I get the Schiit Ragnarok, I can use the balanced connections and can also get pre-amp output from the Ragnarok...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
ferenc, can you say how you amplify the signal from the turntable when using RME ADI 2.0 Pro? It does not have mike preamp to gain the signal so what do you use? and how do you set the proper ohm impedance for the cartridge? Please advise.

There is a phono amp between the RME and the turntable of course.

The chain:

Kuzma XL DC turntable - Kuzma 4Point arm - Dynavector XV-lt cartridge - Kuzma silver phono cable - Avid Pulsare II 2 box Phono Stage - Wireworld Micro-Platinum Eclipse balanced silver XLR cable - RME Adi 2 Pro with its original SMPS power supply.

There will be new recordings soon now with a locally made linear PS for the RME. There will be a chance to compare the recordings made with the original RME power supply and the linear one at 384 kHz/32 bit floating.

• 4 months later...

I have a locally made powerful linear power supply, instead of the original wall wart, it makes a difference, gives even better bass definition, more space and even easier to follow the rhythm. So feel free to experiment linear power supplies.