IGNORED

Do you care about our glorious closed/proprietary digital musical future?

Do you care about our glorious closed/proprietary digital musical future?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I tried to capture the majority of reactions I am seeing. Where do YOU find yourself !!??

Here are the full questions:

1) No – I am an “audiophile” and have already sold my first born for a SQ tweak, no amount of DRM, magic black boxes, or consumer control will bother me. It has always been and always will be about SQ and nothing else

.2) Not really – I weigh the pros and cons of our closed format future and I think the promised SQ improvements will trump the disadvantages. A little DRM here or there never really hurt anybody.

3) Irrelevant – there will always be real choice, PCM (both 16/44 and Hi Res), DSD, etc. will always be around, MQA has no real chance with consumers, this is all a much ado about nothing.

4) Resigned – as a consumer I understand how little leverage I actually have – DRM/closed format is the future and we will all just have to adjust.

5) Yes – even though I am realistic as a consumer, I will do what I can to not $support$ our glorious DRMed digital musical future. I believe something can be done – it is not inevitable.

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

I don't care because I didn't pay jack for MQA and now will never need to get hosed for a "hirez" download or disc that is already available on MQA. The way I look at it I just inherited an entire library of extraordinary "hirez/MQA" music without forking over an extra penny on discs, dacs, or having to buy an entire new preamp and 5 extra speakers like I did for immersive audio (atmos/auro 3D).

For a fun poll, perhaps someone should do a "Which Star Wars movie does MQA most closely resemble or remind you of?".

Is it "Return of the Jedi" awesome or is it a Jar Jar Binks fail? :)

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

I put myself at number 3. I am pretty happy with 16/44 since a lot of what I listen to was recorded on and mixed on tape AAD. If I lived in an all DDD world I might be more tempted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Dahlquist DQ-10 Speakers DQ-LP1 crossover 2 DW-1 Subs

Dynaco Mk III Mains - Rotel 991 Subs

Wyred W4S Pre Gustard X10 DAC

SOtM dx-USB-HD reclocked SOtMmBPS-d2s

Intel Thin-mini ITX

Well since only a fraction of all recorded music is audiophile quality, who cares. HiRez - LowRez it all sounds the same.

I am not going to pay extra for something I cannot hear.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law