IGNORED

Linux Ubuntu ARM Processor Cortex-R8 Bit Perfect ALSA Player Music Server

Doesn't mpd work?

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

it seems mpd should be cross compiled

You don't say which ARM architecture you want, but in my Chromium OS/Crouton Ubuntu 16.04 LTS environment on my Asus Chromebook Fiip I just need to do this:

localhost rdale 693% uname -a

Linux localhost 3.14.0 #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Dec 7 23:25:35 PST 2016 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

localhost rdale 694% sudo apt-get install mpd

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

The following additional packages will be installed:

freepats libadplug-2.2.1-0v5 libao-common libao4 libaudiofile1 libbinio1v5

libcaca0 libcdio-cdda1 libcdio-paranoia1 libcdio13 libfaad2 libfluidsynth1

libid3tag0 libiso9660-8 libmad0 libmikmod3 libmms0 libmpcdec6 libmpdclient2

libmpg123-0 libnfs8 libopenal-data libopenal1 libresid-builder0c2a libroar2

libsdl1.2debian libshout3 libsidplay2v5 libsidutils0 libupnp6

libwildmidi-config libwildmidi1 libzzip-0-13

Suggested packages:

adplug-utils libesd0 | libesd-alsa0 libportaudio2 libroar-plugins-universal

roaraudio-server libmuroar0 slpd socat avahi-daemon icecast2 mpd-client

The following NEW packages will be installed:

freepats libadplug-2.2.1-0v5 libao-common libao4 libaudiofile1 libbinio1v5

libcaca0 libcdio-cdda1 libcdio-paranoia1 libcdio13 libfaad2 libfluidsynth1

libid3tag0 libiso9660-8 libmad0 libmikmod3 libmms0 libmpcdec6 libmpdclient2

libmpg123-0 libnfs8 libopenal-data libopenal1 libresid-builder0c2a libroar2

libsdl1.2debian libshout3 libsidplay2v5 libsidutils0 libupnp6

libwildmidi-config libwildmidi1 libzzip-0-13 mpd

0 upgraded, 34 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Need to get 31.4 MB of archives.

After this operation, 41.2 MB of additional disk space will be used.

Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y

System (i): Stack Audio Link > 2Qute+MCRU psu; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

System (iii) KEF LS50W/KEF R400b subs

You don't say which ARM architecture you want,

My apologies, you do say 'ARM Processor Cortex-R8', but I found that is ARMv7-R architeture when I searched for it. Is that different to armv7, what does the difference between ARMv7-R and ARMv7 mean in term of binary compatibiltiy?

System (i): Stack Audio Link > 2Qute+MCRU psu; Gyrodec/SME V/Hana SL/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp > Klipsch RP-600M/REL T5x subs

System (ii): Allo USB Signature > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > APPJ EL34 > Tandy LX5/REL Tzero v3 subs

My apologies, you do say 'ARM Processor Cortex-R8', but I found that is ARMv7-R architeture when I searched for it. Is that different to armv7, what does the difference between ARMv7-R and ARMv7 mean in term of binary compatibiltiy?

i dont know about that. just i try to find information about this project.

linux is fun to play

i dont know about that. just i try to find information about this project.

linux is fun to play

Yes, I agree it is fun to learn about Linux! I would recommend MPD as a bit perfect music server as per your original question. If you can install Ubuntu on your target device, I'm pretty sure you will be able to add MPD with apt.

I suspect it's an Allwinner R8 chip, which has a Cortex-A8 CPU. ARMv7-R CPUs are not intended to run a full OS like Linux.

Yes, I agree it is fun to learn about Linux! I would recommend MPD as a bit perfect music server as per your original question. If you can install Ubuntu on your target device, I'm pretty sure you will be able to add MPD with apt.

for start i changed my macbook os to ubuntu

i will try to learn about configing ubuntu/mpd

I suspect it's an Allwinner R8 chip, which has a Cortex-A8 CPU. ARMv7-R CPUs are not intended to run a full OS like Linux.

some guys think ARM processors are not very powerfull with linux and they think ARM processors are better for microcontrollers.

some guys think ARM processors are not very powerfull with linux and they think ARM processors are better for microcontrollers.

There is a wide range of ARM processors for various different applications. Cortex-R processors can't run Ubuntu because they don't have an MMU. An ARMv7-A CPU is required for that. You'd get much better advice if you told us exactly what system you're using.

Amir, "some guys" think a lot of things. :) When people discuss things in general terms, you get many opinions that may or may not be helpful in your own situation. mansr is right, the more you tell people here about your specific equipment, the better advice they may be able to give.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.