IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - Routers Observations, Considerations & Commentary

Hi,

I need help choosing a new router for my microrendu/sonic transporter 8TB (completely full) AP version with Roon 260,000 tracks/files.Currently using 3 year old Asus RT-AC66U which may have to be replaced because of poor performance.

Prefer to stay with Asus brand.

Thanks,

Larry

Hi,

I need help choosing a new router for my microrendu/sonic transporter 8TB (completely full) AP version with Roon 260,000 tracks/files.Currently using 3 year old Asus RT-AC66U which may have to be replaced because of poor performance.

Prefer to stay with Asus brand.

Thanks,

Larry

Hi Larry. Two of the best rated performers are the ASUS RT-AC88U Wireless-AC3100 Dual Band Gigabit Router and NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router (R7000).

I'm considering the synology routers....

- Peach Audio Balanced Isolation Power Supply, Uptone LPS-1, Sonore microRendu, Geek Pulse S Infinity, McIntosh MA2275, Paradigm 30th Anniversary Tributes, SVS SB13-Ultra

- Audioquest DragonFly v1.2, Marantz PM-15S1, Definitive Technology BP7006

- Cambridge 752BD (Oppomod PSU), Halcro MC50, Sonos ZP90 (Cullen Mod), Cyenne Audio CY-3100,

Denon AVR-4520, Aaron ATS-5, Aaron CC-250, Epos Epic 5, Cambridge Audio Azur 551R V2, Bose 251, M&K VF-80,

Van Den Hul + Isotek DIY cables

Peach Audio Iso Transformer, Linn Akurate DSM, McIntosh MA2275 

Paradigm 30th Anniversary Tributes, SVS SB13 Ultra x2, Dynaudio BM5A MKII

When selecting a router for audio purposes should we necessarily look for the best performing routers in general ? I have two Asus routers and I have to say that I like the interface and I find it very user friendly, but they also need 19v. What about smaller routers that are low powered, maybe they are better for audio but not the best performers overall (especially if you stream HD video and do a lot of gaming). I really like to read thoughts of more experienced and technical guys than myself :)

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

When selecting a router for audio purposes should we necessarily look for the best performing routers in general ? I have two Asus routers and I have to say that I like the interface and I find it very user friendly, but they also need 19v. What about smaller routers that are low powered, maybe they are better for audio but not the best performers overall (especially if you stream HD video and do a lot of gaming). I really like to read thoughts of more experienced and technical guys than myself :)

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

I have not conducted these kinds of tests. Most people (including me) are using typical routers found on the market or provided by the cable company. Some are going crazy and trying all sorts of gear, but I don't get into that.