IGNORED

Spotify Lossless Streaming

Trying to put some polite pressure on powers that be at Spotify to include lossless streaming.

Would appreciate anyone interested to post comments at the below thread.

TIA,

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Lossless-Streaming-16bit-44-1khz-CD-quality/idi-p/700006

Just say no to MQA ;)

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

Trying to put some polite pressure on powers that be at Spotify to include lossless streaming.

TIA,

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Lossless-Streaming-16bit-44-1khz-CD-quality/idi-p/700006

Just say no to MQA ;)

Added.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Thanks guys for your support! ;)

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

TIA,

Just say no to MQA ;)

All of the bozos here stroking out about MQA.

Napster just announced they are doing hirez streaming this summer. Screw lossless, wait for more Hirez streaming choixes.

All of the bozos here stroking out about MQA.

Napster just announced they are doing hirez streaming this summer. Screw lossless, wait for more Hirez streaming choixes.

Oh I agree, and soon if not already, the bandwidth restrictions causing any issues will be history.

But I don't want Hirez to come at the cost of losing a lossless CD 16/44 stream. That's what happened already at Tidal in place of a MQA processed file. :(

Just say no to MQA

I already have lossless streaming from Qobuz, together with an excellent classical music catalogue that can be searched by composer, performer etc with several filters. I can also stream any albums I purchase in Hi Res using their sublime service, which also offers discounts on Hi Res album purchases. Purchased albums don't have an expiry date to download or stream. Even if I cancel my streaming subscription, I can still stream or download my purchased albums. I have trialled other services and still prefer Qobuz.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

• 1 month later...

Spotify's now running a survey asking about use and our interest in a lossless quality stream. They just may be starting to listen to our requests. Please take just a minute to answer the survey and show our interest in SQ.

TIA

https://spotify.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0uooiJPneZJPtXL?t=hq&uid=529335154762170311

Oh I agree, and soon if not already, the bandwidth restrictions causing any issues will be history.

But I don't want Hirez to come at the cost of losing a lossless CD 16/44 stream. That's what happened already at Tidal in place of a MQA processed file. :(

Just say no to MQA

Agree that lossless should be the next step for Spotify/Pandora, but wonder if MQA can incorporate a 16/44 lossless version in one of the stream payloads? I'd love to see paid subscription streaming options for both 16/44 lossless and 24/96 lossless.

Btw Sal- I love your signature. Shades of Sky Masterson.

Best Stereo System: Wired Sonos Connect -> AQ Cinammon Digital Coax -> Marantz SA-8005 -> AA Black Momba 2 interconnects -> Marantz PM-15S2 -> Kimber 8TC speaker Cables -> Zu Soul Superfly speakers.

Ingest> NAS> Distribution: Sony Vaio Laptop ripping via ITunes to Apple Lossless, manually synced to WD Mycloud NAS, Linksys 1900AC Router, Netgear Gig E switch, generic Ethernet cables, TPLinc ethernet power line extenders.

Spotify's now running a survey asking about use and our interest in a lossless quality stream. They just may be starting to listen to our requests. Please take just a minute to answer the survey and show our interest in SQ.

TIA

https://spotify.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0uooiJPneZJPtXL?t=hq&uid=529335154762170311

I was able to use Chrome to translate all the German into English and complete the survey. Thanks.

TIA

I am not sure if this is a company soliciting analysis for Spotify or if it is a local Spotify survey. Does not seem legit if you go to the root url.

For some reason, it shows me questions in German.

Sorry, I should have mentioned. The easiest way is to use Chrome, just right click on the page and choose Translate. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

It appears as Spotify is on the verge of launching Spotify Hi Fi, a lossless streaming version of the current offering. Reports are that invitations have gone out to some users to try out a prototype version

Gratifing to think my little push with this post here and at other sites may have contributed in some small way. Wish I had gotten the invite. ;)

wOOt

http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/1/14776780/spotify-hi-fi-preparing-launch-lossless-audio-tier

spotify.jpg

Half the invites offered upgrade at $5, the other half at $10. Service is not active at the moment. This looks like a marketing tool rather than an actual 'thing' at this point. They are trying to determine what percentage of people are willing to pay $5 or $10 for CD quality streaming.

Half the invites offered upgrade at $5, the other half at $10. Service is not active at the moment. This looks like a marketing tool rather than an actual 'thing' at this point. They are trying to determine what percentage of people are willing to pay $5 or $10 for CD quality streaming.

Or are we being hoaxed? Someone's idea of more pressure on Spotify?

Companies do this all the time. It's one thing to do a survey asking what people will pay for something, it's another to actually have people commit to it. I'm sure Spotify will offer this service, they are just trying to estimate what pricing scheme will result in the most profit.

Companies do this all the time. It's one thing to do a survey asking what people will pay for something, it's another to actually have people commit to it. I'm sure Spotify will offer this service, they are just trying to estimate what pricing scheme will result in the most profit.

$5 bucks extra sounds good to me. ;)

It appears as Spotify is on the verge of launching Spotify Hi Fi, a lossless streaming version of the current offering. Reports are that invitations have gone out to some users to try out a prototype version

Gratifing to think my little push with this post here and at other sites may have contributed in some small way. Wish I had gotten the invite. ;)

wOOt

http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/1/14776780/spotify-hi-fi-preparing-launch-lossless-audio-tier

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33655[/ATTACH]

I hear they will be using MQA also.

David

I hear they will be using MQA also.

That's a shame.

Can't win em' all I guess. LOL