IGNORED

Audirvana Plus With MQA Decoder

Jud

skatbelt: How exactly do you control ROON from your iPad/iPhone? I have the app but it doesn't give me the freedom of accessing my macmini with what I playing from there or to change songs within a playlist or change playlists-UNLIKE A2+ remote which allows me to this.

I don't think this is the thread to discuss functionality of Roon but in short: Roon imports playlists from Tidal, iTunes etc. besides the ability to build its own playlists. Playlists created in Roon can be edited, altered and deleted but playlist from other environments (Tidal for example) are called 'shared playlists' and can be used but not deleted or altered. For those the sync principle is active.

If this doesn't help you please PM me!

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

• 1 month later...

Not sure how others are faring with MQA--I used the newest Audirvana, loaded Tidal and selected a master (which now shows as 'MQA' on the Audirvana screen) and my 2010 Mac Mini could not process the file faster than it could play it. I did not upsample and SysOptimizer is on. It's a Bryston BDA-3 pre, which is not MQA-compatible.

Is MQA unwrapping computationally intensive? I can understand why upsampling is intensive, but MQA is a bit of a mystery.

Suggestion: it would really be cool if A+ could overlay a [M] on the album art, similar to how the native Tidal app displays albums to indicate MQA content.

I am finding myself going into the native app to search for material, adding as a favorite, and then going back into A+ for playback.

Yes, I know I can select the album and see the track listing below; if I add the MQA column to the display, I can see whether there is MQA encoding for the track(s). But it's hard to browse, especially when Tidal seems to include 2-3 versions of the same album.

"Play the volume as loud as you want - but don't touch my levels now. I got them set just the way I like 'em."

Just now, Krutsch said:

Suggestion: it would really be cool if A+ could overlay a [M] on the album art, similar to how the native Tidal app displays albums to indicate MQA content.

I am finding myself going into the native app to search for material, adding as a favorite, and then going back into A+ for playback.

Yes, I know I can select the album and see the track listing below; if I add the MQA column to the display, I can see whether there is MQA encoding for the track(s). But it's hard to browse, especially when Tidal seems to include 2-3 versions of the same album.

Definitely--in fact only recently did Tidal even add the 'M.' All these albums used to sit in 'My Music' and I couldn't tell which were masters. But this labeling and search issue seems like something Tidal needs to resolve first. MQA seems very much a work in progress. 

I also go in the native app to add favorites and then launch them in A+...doesn't take much time to do.