IGNORED

Audirvana Plus With MQA Decoder

Jud

Oh my goodness, I am about to burst!

Seriously though, aside from the very reasonable cost of the software (Damien, thank you), when was the last time we ever got a better sounding product for free? i.e. Tidal MQA for free with a hifi account.

I have long said CD 'remasters' of 1980's material should NOT be north of £10, and CD's generally are still too expensive. That, and the fact my back room is stuffed with the silver discs after ripping. Crazy situation. Quite possibly amazon and the like should have way back offered a Redbook download as well as MP3 when you buy a CD. Save the planet and all that..... Then we have the inflated cost of HD Tracks, I could go on.

Spanish Distributor for Aries Cerat

Two Channel System: Aries Cerat Kassadra DAC, Aries Cerat Genus SET Integrated Amplifier, Plinius SA-103 Power Amplifier, Zingali Horns Client Name Evo 1.2.

Headphone system: Aries Cerat Kassadra DAC, Violectric V281 Headphone Amplifier, Audeze LCD4 2018, LCD2-Classic 2018.

Hi,

I'm new to Audirvana and think it's a fantastic sounding software.

Does anybody know if you can create playlists directly from the iOS app?

I know you can create a play Q but if you play another track the queue is lost.

I have quite a high level of disability and can use the iPad much easier. The old iTunes remote app was perfect for me as I could create playlists easily while checking which songs I wanted to add. But I hate iTunes and lots of my audio files are flac.

Hi,

I'm new to Audirvana and think it's a fantastic sounding software.

Does anybody know if you can create playlists directly from the iOS app?

I know you can create a play Q but if you play another track the queue is lost.

I have quite a high level of disability and can use the iPad much easier. The old iTunes remote app was perfect for me as I could create playlists easily while checking which songs I wanted to add. But I hate iTunes and lots of my audio files are flac.

Damien, could you please look into this?

There are many of us suffering physical disabilities

but the inner soul which could strengthen and fight the problems with the "music medicine". Dev like you could implement accessibility things within your software to help people achieve what they want, easily and enjoy what others do.

A developer could specifically think about human interactions..

Please think and consider.

I think Damien and all other music player players in the field will have a big challenge because of the latest version of Roon. In combination with something like a mRendu is not only the most extensive and user friendly but also the best sounding player at this moment (if you don't like software based up-sampling that is). Not strange because there is a large team working on it. First being hesitant and a long time A+ adept, I now think Roon is a real revolution in music enjoyment and I can't see sole persons like Damien and Miska keep up.

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

I think Damien and all other music player players in the field will have a big challenge because of the latest version of Roon. In combination with something like a mRendu is not only the most extensive and user friendly but also the best sounding player at this moment (if you don't like software based up-sampling that is). Not strange because there is a large team working on it. First being hesitant and a long time A+ adept, I now think Roon is a real revolution in music enjoyment and I can't see sole persons like Damien and Miska keep up.

In general the opinion is that Audirvana is having a better sound and soon they will support devices like mRendu too. And last but not least: it is quite expensive. So, if you don't need their library functionality, it is better to stay with Audirvana Plus.

Does Roon really sound better than any other audio player on the computer?

Roon is the only one I haven't tried before, but heard its sound quality is far behind Amarra, Audirvana and Pure Vinyl.

It's management system looks really good but isn't it about sound quality for us "audiophiles", unless the management system is terrible like Amarra4 at the moment.

I think it depends on your needs. My friend was demo'ing Roon for me, which he thinks is the greatest thing. He has a home network with tons of gear, an entire closet filled with network switching equipment, plus his stereo rigs with the usual components, plus the microRendu, plus the tablet to control it all, etc.

Roon integrates his music library with Tidal and the other streaming services, and when he chooses an album to play, it shows him the liner notes, biographical information about the artist, grabs info from all over the internet and recommends similar artists, and on and on. Technologically, it is amazing, but it is complicated, and you have to pay for it on a subscription basis.

Personally, I don't need any of that. All I want to do is play an album from my own library. I know what I have; I just want to listen to it. Like in the old days, when you'd turn on the amp, pick out an LP, put it on the platter, and drop the needle.

My music is stored alphabetically by artist on my desktop, and I just drag and drop the album folder into the Audirvana play queue window and hit go. I don't use Audirvana's proprietary library management, upsampling, Replay Gain, or other enhancements. I don't need any of those bells and whistles at all. I do think Audirvana, in its basic form, is the best-sounding player, and look forward to v.3, which may sound even better.

Funny story about my friend with Roon: He must have $20K invested in his system, but his wife won't let him set up his B&W speakers properly in the living room for good stereo imaging and soundstage, because of "home decorating issues", so they are just sort of shoved into the corners behind a sofa. I told him it sounds good, but with some re-arrangement of the furniture, it could sound so much better. He just looked at me sheepishly, and said, "She thinks the speakers are too big, and won't let me do it."

Oh dear poor guy, I have a friend with exactly the same "problem", although I get the impression with my friends partner she just wants to "exercise her authority". If he set his speakers where he wants them and his TV it would actually make the room look quite nice, but she won't let him unless she decides to do it :-))

Some people just need to be in control

Oh dear poor guy, I have a friend with exactly the same "problem", although I get the impression with my friends partner she just wants to "exercise her authority". If he set his speakers where he wants them and his TV it would actually make the room look quite nice, but she won't let him unless she decides to do it :-))

Some people just need to be in control

They call this the WAF, the Wife Acceptance Factor. Divorce is sadly the only solution if they don't want to listen.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Does Roon really sound better than any other audio player on the computer?

Roon is the only one I haven't tried before, but heard its sound quality is far behind Amarra, Audirvana and Pure Vinyl.

It's management system looks really good but isn't it about sound quality for us "audiophiles", unless the management system is terrible like Amarra4 at the moment.

The first time I tried Roon was more than a year ago and at that time it was not a competitor to Audirvana plus and HQplayer sound quality wise. But now, especially since version 1.3, it is the other way around. Note: comparison of the three without upsampling or other types of conversions applied. If your are in to that (I am not) you will probably be better of with HQplayer.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

Hmm, just tried to view the Roon website, and it is down, not a good sign.

But isn't Roon majoring on playing via multiple sources? I am majoring on a closed small system, less mess and software overhand. I don't need or want filtering either. Just clean 44.1 or 88.2/96K.

Spanish Distributor for Aries Cerat

Two Channel System: Aries Cerat Kassadra DAC, Aries Cerat Genus SET Integrated Amplifier, Plinius SA-103 Power Amplifier, Zingali Horns Client Name Evo 1.2.

Headphone system: Aries Cerat Kassadra DAC, Violectric V281 Headphone Amplifier, Audeze LCD4 2018, LCD2-Classic 2018.

Hmm, just tried to view the Roon website, and it is down.

not at all! (... and even if it was, this wouldn't affect your local library/playback in the slightest)

though... wouldn't be more appropriate discussing/comparing Audirvana to a competitor in a separate thread? ;)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

But isn't Roon majoring on playing via multiple sources? I am majoring on a closed small system, less mess and software overhand. I don't need or want filtering either. Just clean 44.1 or 88.2/96K.

My system is also very small. I run Roon Server on my Mac mini. The mini is (directly; so no routers or switches) connected via a short ethernet cable to a mRendu set as Roon endpoint. I control Roon with it's app on a Macbook pro but also from an iPhone and a tablet. This works very good. The functionality of the 'remote' you choose scales with its screen size. With A+ I regularly have issues with the remote app not connecting, being slow and/or losing it's state. With Roon it always works and it is very fast and intuitive.

Yes! Getting the last feature, the new license management completed as of now. It uses a usual license key number instead of a license file.

The improved audio engine, and the MQA integration have been ready for weeks...

Damien

Hello Damien, is there any news from the front line? [emoji351]

Hello Damien, is there any news from the front line? [emoji351]

Now Damien's stuff is completed and he is awaiting some final tweaks/bugfixes from the MQA folks, is what I understand is on Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Now Damien's stuff is completed and he is awaiting some final tweaks/bugfixes from the MQA folks, is what I understand is on Facebook.

perfect times then to fix some v2.6.6 visual glitches still there since 2.6 ;)

(eg., to name one, Album view scrolling down, instead of going back to where it was, after "closing an album")

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

skatbelt: How exactly do you control ROON from your iPad/iPhone? I have the app but it doesn't give me the freedom of accessing my macmini with what I playing from there or to change songs within a playlist or change playlists-UNLIKE A2+ remote which allows me to this.