IGNORED

Audirvana Plus With MQA Decoder

Jud

Audirvana Plus 3, announced at CES 2017, is the first audiophile player that integrates the MQA Core Decoder.

As Jud said, this enables:

• MQA capable audio devices to benefit from the complete MQA audio quality. In this case Audirvana Plus continues to bring the strongly audible Sound Quality improvement of its optimized audio engine.
  • Non MQA capable audio devices to benefit from the high resolution (doubled sample rate compared to the encoded file one) thanks to the MQA decoder integrated in Audirvana Plus 3. In this case, Audirvana Plus brings, in addition to the general Sound Quality improvement, the decoding of the MQA file that would be played only at little above CD quality otherwise, losing all its high resolution benefits.

Audirvana Plus 3.0 is scheduled for release end of January 2017.

Upgrade will be free for customers who have purchased Audirvana Plus 2 since Christmas 2016.For other previous versions owners, the upgrade will be at the same price as of today's upgrade from v1 to v2, except for the price in euros that will be adjusted a bit to take the exchange rate into account.

And if you happen to be at CES, take a look at the Macs demoing MQA, you will see the pre-release of Audirvana Plus 3 in action:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32172[/ATTACH]

Can't wait! Would love to get in on the beta if you have any slots available.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

• 1 month later...
btw... hope A+ 3.x will re-consider which tags are to be used and how ;)

(talking about Classical music)

here's what The Zen of Classical Music Tagging says about "Artist":

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33436[/ATTACH]

and re the "Grouping" tag... have you noticed how Qobuz is using it? I was using it in a similar way and had to change it in *all* my files just to make A+ happy :(

Proper and *standard* tags for what A+ is doing with the "Grouping" one are "Work" and "Part"

thanks for (hopefully, finally) listening ;)

Not sure I understand this comment about the Artist field :/ Why ever would you want the composer in the Artist field? That's why there's a Composer field :/

I use the Composer field for Composer, Artist field for artist (by track) and Album Artist for main artist for the album.

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

Artist (by track) only makes sense for Compilation albums (Various Artists), otherwise it just duplicates either Composer or Album Artist

Not at all! What about a recording of Bach cantatas or the Verdi Requiem or operas or . . . ?

Some tracks are chorus + orchestra, some tracks are solos, some are duets, etc. - they *all* have different artists or combinations thereof.

Example:

MacMini 2017-02-22 10-47-08.png

right! though... here starts the discussion about what a music player should look like :P

what about, instead of a single endless line, having a sidebar with proper roles/performers listed orderly and consistently among different albums? that's what specific tags are there for ;)

We'll, I'd certainly be up for that ;)

Until recently, though, I haven't used any player that displays or makes use of that data :/ and, frankly, I'm pretty sure I'll never get around to adding that level of detail to my 1,700+ classical albums :(

But would certainly be nice to have - I wish the labels / download sites would provide that level of tagging.