IGNORED

Audirvana Plus With MQA Decoder

Jud

Audirvana Plus 3, announced at CES 2017, is the first audiophile player that integrates the MQA Core Decoder.

As Jud said, this enables:

• MQA capable audio devices to benefit from the complete MQA audio quality. In this case Audirvana Plus continues to bring the strongly audible Sound Quality improvement of its optimized audio engine.
  • Non MQA capable audio devices to benefit from the high resolution (doubled sample rate compared to the encoded file one) thanks to the MQA decoder integrated in Audirvana Plus 3. In this case, Audirvana Plus brings, in addition to the general Sound Quality improvement, the decoding of the MQA file that would be played only at little above CD quality otherwise, losing all its high resolution benefits.

Audirvana Plus 3.0 is scheduled for release end of January 2017.

Upgrade will be free for customers who have purchased Audirvana Plus 2 since Christmas 2016.For other previous versions owners, the upgrade will be at the same price as of today's upgrade from v1 to v2, except for the price in euros that will be adjusted a bit to take the exchange rate into account.

And if you happen to be at CES, take a look at the Macs demoing MQA, you will see the pre-release of Audirvana Plus 3 in action:

AudirvanaPlus_pre3_screenshot.jpg

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

• 2 weeks later...
Damien, two questions, given that this update really only adds value to MQA owners and streamers:

Will future feature upgrades be done in parallel in v2 and 3, i.e. Is v3 necessary only if you need MQA, or will v2 stay at 2.6, and everybody needs to upgrade to 3 if you want to benefit from future improvements?

Are there any features in v3 beyond MQA that would make it attractive for all users?

There is a 2.6.5 I'm currently completing with bug fixes.

v3.0 brings MQA core decoder, and further optimizations in the audio engine.

Any new feature will now come in the 3.x line.

Only major bugs if any discovered would then trigger a 2.6.x update

And, though I'm not in the vaporware business ;), a hint on my roadmap: v3.1 will bring network streaming to devices like the µRendu

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

• 1 month later...
End of January seems to be end of February, hopefully [emoji120]

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Yes! Getting the last feature, the new license management completed as of now. It uses a usual license key number instead of a license file.

The improved audio engine, and the MQA integration have been ready for weeks...

Damien