IGNORED

Audirvana Plus With MQA Decoder

Jud

This allows - Owners of an MQA renderer without the full embedded decoder to play the full MQA stream.

Can you give me some examples of such a device?

So the MQA core decoder in A+ V3 has some value, but you still need an MQA enabled device to get the real raison d'etre sound quality benefits of MQA (customized filter).

I don't find this a compelling reason to upgrade to V3, but it's nice to have.

Given that Roon is also doing some flavor of MQA implementation, I think it's now especially important for A+ V3 to deliver a networking component to extend its reach beyond a directly attached DAC. If I could use A+ with it's TIDAL/Qobuz integration, library management, remote control and PCM to DSD conversion with my Sonore micro rendu ... that would be a surefire way to get me to upgrade.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

• 2 weeks later...
v3.1 will bring network streaming to devices like the µRendu

That's fantastic news, Damien! Thank you.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

• 1 month later...
Yes! Getting the last feature, the new license management completed as of now. It uses a usual license key number instead of a license file.

The improved audio engine, and the MQA integration have been ready for weeks...Damien

Can we please have some details about the audio engine improvements?

Um, it sounds better? ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist, but will tell you that I listened without being told there were any SQ changes and wrote Damien asking if he'd done something, because it sounds very, very good (subjectively speaking of course).

Some lucky publication is going to hire you as a reviewer.