IGNORED

microRendu and MQA

8 hours ago, firedog said:

What's your problem?

I made no such claim. DarwinOSX made a statement about how MQA and the Dragonfly work that was patently incorrect, while at the same time accusing me of not understand it and suggesting I read up on the subject.

So not pretentious to claim I know more about it than him - which is all I claimed. It apparently is true, based on his demonstrated lack of understanding of the subject. 

He also claimed that "most people" agree with him about MQA. Based on what? There's no basis for such a claim. If you and he like it say so. I have no argument with your taste. But don't try the tired tactic of claiming your opinions have the authority of "most people". 

Sorry you don't like the tone, but calling that ignorant isn't pretentious, it's simply a fact. Not understanding your own lack of knowledge and telling others they should "readup" on the subject is clearly also arrogant. 

Read the posts again. I reacted to his statement that MQA was a must have feature. So I asked him if he had actually heard it. The truth is that it's pretty clear  that "most audiophiles" still haven't heard MQA. (You pretty much can't unless you have one of a very few new DACs, some specific software, and a subscripton to Tidal or a small number of downloadable files for comparison). At that point he hadn't stated what his experience is with it. I wasn't asking to put him down, but to understand if he was merely taking a position based on enthusiasm without experience or one from experience. I guess I should have phrased it better.  I didn't say MQA sucked, criticize him personally for liking it, or accuse him of having no taste, etc. I simply stated that I didn't think MQA added much to the overall  listening experience and that there are more effective ways to improve a system.  

But, apparently the fact that I don't share his enthusiasm for MQA is very hard for him to take. He also used that as a jumping off point to engage in personal invective about how I must be someone who "pooh-poohs" anything new. Without a shred of evidence, I might add.

So it's pretty clear who's being intolerant and operating from a position not based on facts. Hint: it isn't me. 

Or is the real issue simply that you also can't take it when someone isn't a MQA fanboy?

Hint, it is you

5 hours ago, Albrecht said:

Hi,

There are more reasons to resist MQA, most importantly is the exploitation of artists, and the Netflixization & limiting of content by the MQA delivery system.

If MQA can get more people to pay for streaming and pirate less that is better for artists.

21 minutes ago, witchdoctor said:

If MQA can get more people to pay for streaming and pirate less that is better for artists.

Are you sure about that? Better than what? Do you read Adrian Utley's article on how much artists average during streaming? Is it better to get paid almost nothing from streaming than selling your CD or download or Vinyl on TuneCore or bandcamp? Is it better or worse to be on labels like Six Degrees that still makes CDs and offers both redbook downloads and gives its artists more points per unit? Finally, - if the labels are using MQA as DRM, do they take more money out of what they should be paying artists to cover the licensing costs of MQA?

22 minutes ago, Albrecht said:

Are you sure about that? Better than what? Do you read Adrian Utley's article on how much artists average during streaming? Is it better to get paid almost nothing from streaming than selling your CD or download or Vinyl on TuneCore or bandcamp? Is it better or worse to be on labels like Six Degrees that still makes CDs and offers both redbook downloads and gives its artists more points per unit? Finally, - if the labels are using MQA as DRM, do they take more money out of what they should be paying artists to cover the licensing costs of MQA?

I am sure pirating rips off the artist. I am sure artists prefer legal streaming vs pirating.

15 minutes ago, witchdoctor said:

I am sure pirating rips off the artist. I am sure artists prefer legal streaming vs pirating.

I guess, but since there really isn't "pirating" of any significance anymore, - I think the question really is how badly they're exploited in other ways, - with streaming being a much bigger issue.....