IGNORED

The VR MINI Ultracapacitor Power Supply Thread

On 1/4/2017 at 0:20 AM, mozes said:

Hi Vinnie

I am currently enjoying my MINI with my Brooklyn DAC, it never sounded better. My question is why don't you make a variable voltage so the customer can select the voltage depending on the device to be powered by the MINI? Is it cost or performance related?

Thanks

Moussa

Sent from my X98 Plus II (C2D6) using Computer Audiophile mobile app

@mozes how is the mini performing with the Brooklyn? I see that you're using it tonpower the Brooklyn. On paper, it seems that the 2.5A output is lower than what Mytek recommends? 

What other power supplies have you tried and how does the Mini compare to them in regards to sound quality? 

@mozes Thank You!! 

Ive actually been considering upgrading from my current HDPlex 100w to the JS-2! 

I just stumbled upon your post here about using the Mini (I had thought the Mini did not have enough amperage to drive the Brooklyn, so I did not even realize it was an option)! 

It seems within the same general price range as the JS-2 and I'm enjoying the LPS-1 so

much with the ISO Regen, so it makes sense that the Mini (which has similar technology as LPS-1) would be the best choice for the Brooklyn! 

@mozes Another question, what are you using as a DC power cable between the Mini and The Brooklyn? I have a star quad Canare 4S6 w/ oyiade connectors that was custom made between the Brooklyn and the HDPlex 100 now, could I just remove one end and either use bare wires into the mini banana / spade connectors or even use screw on speaker banana or spade terminals on the mini end, or should I have another custom Canare D.C. Cable made with spades on one end ?