IGNORED

The VR MINI Ultracapacitor Power Supply Thread

Just placed an order for a 19V MINI for my Auralic Gemini 2000 DAC/Headamp.

(Higher voltage MINI's in the 15 to 24 Vdc range are now available to be ordered).

Already have a 12V MINI from Vinnie Rossi, for my Auralic Aries and I am pleased with the performance improvement, so really look forward to the 19V MINI arriving.

My headphone rig will then be totally "off-grid", isolated from the AC mains.

Speaker : iPhone 6S Plus > UpTone Audio USB Regen (x2) > Benchmark DAC1 Pre > Pass Labs INT-30A > Focal Micro Utopia BE

Headphone : Auralic Aries > Auralic Gemini 2000 > Audeze LCD-X

Power & Tweaks : Heaps of Balanced & Isolation Power supplies, Dedicated Line, Vinnie Rossi MINI PURE-DC-4EVR, HD-Plex LPSU, iFi Audio DC iPurifiers, DIY Resonance/Vibration platforms using Townshend Audio Seismic Isolation Pods

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Vinnie,

The 19V VR MINI arrived (very well packed for shipping) and I'm very pleased with the performance improvement.

I now have my headphone rig completely isolated from AC without needing any fancy audiophile power cords or power conditioning like isolation transformers/balanced power supplies.

I am now able to lower the volume a bit further when I listen to music (the details still come thru).

More clarity. Oh, Micro-dynamics improved as well.

Rather than dissect & analyse the music too much using audiophile terminology, one of the best tests I use with new gear/tweaks is ... how long do I actually listen to music. That is, if listening time increase, then it is more fatigue free. My listening sessions have increased in length, so it is a winner.  

On the back of my 19V VR MINI power supply, between the heatsink and the IEC ac input, is a silver thread and nut.   Is this some sort of grounding post, or does it fulfil another purpose ?

On my 12V VR MINI, it is absent.  Just curious of its purpose.  Thanks.

John

Speaker : iPhone 6S Plus > UpTone Audio USB Regen (x2) > Benchmark DAC1 Pre > Pass Labs INT-30A > Focal Micro Utopia BE

Headphone : Auralic Aries > Auralic Gemini 2000 > Audeze LCD-X

Power & Tweaks : Heaps of Balanced & Isolation Power supplies, Dedicated Line, Vinnie Rossi MINI PURE-DC-4EVR, HD-Plex LPSU, iFi Audio DC iPurifiers, DIY Resonance/Vibration platforms using Townshend Audio Seismic Isolation Pods