IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

15 hours ago, KeenObserver said:

Curious as to what your connection is to Roon, a system that promotes MQA.

I thought I made myself perfectly clear earlier.  I have no connection to Roon nor am I receiving any benefits from referrerals. 

Roon doesn't promote mQa at all. Apparently, Danny from Roon doesn't even like it.  But Roon does provide a service to subscribers who want mQa/Tidal.  Earlier, I presented to you, the business argument why Roon would entertain mQa/Tidal subscribers. I have no influence over the business decisions made by Roon. Yes, Roon is a business, not an armchair activity.

And you actively promote Roon, offering deals.

I'm curious as to what the thought process is there.

Did we not go through this before?  So I reiterate, I am happy for those using the referral link I posted because they will receive an extra 30 days of Roon. Yes, Roon isn't for you.

Roon is keeping Tidal afloat.

I disagree. You can stream Tidal various ways without Roon.  Also, in Canada for example, we do not have access to Qobuz, so for streaming we fall back on Tidal.

mQa is dead!

4 hours ago, UkPhil said:

Looking at the latest exported Tidal data there are approx 3500 MQA items that are only 16/44.1 released in the last week that have Sony / Columbia as it’s copyright 

@KeenObserverwill need to start boycotting all the major labels, various audiophile music players (including Audirvana and Amarra), many makers of DACs, streamers, amps with DACs, CD players with an MQA decoder, etc., and Qobuz (which hosts some MQA-CD), as well as, various audiophile websites (I dare not mention any names) that have any promotional links to any of the aforementioned.  😀

mQa is dead!

1 hour ago, lucretius said:

@KeenObserverwill need to start boycotting all the major labels, various audiophile music players (including Audirvana and Amarra), many makers of DACs, streamers, amps with DACs, CD players with an MQA decoder, etc., and Qobuz (which hosts some MQA-CD), as well as, various audiophile websites (I dare not mention any names) that have any promotional links to any of the aforementioned.  😀

I am sorry if I gored your ox, but with Roon's past history with Soolos and Meridian, Roon is an active promoter of MQA. They may say that they are only supporting MQA because their clients ask for it, but they have been intertwined with MQA since day one. They are talking out of both sides of their mouth.

Without Warner, Tidal, and Roon, MQA would have virtually nothing.

If Sony is now dumping this MQA crap on the market. then I would advocate boycotting Sony.

I have been boycotting Sony since the rootkit fiasco.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

45 minutes ago, KeenObserver said:

Roon is an active promoter of MQA.

Other than attracting mQa/Tidal folks by providing the facility to stream Tidal and decode mQa (just like Audirvana and Amarra), how is Roon actively promoting mQa?  Many of the Roon staff previously worked for Meridian* but Roon no longer has ties with Meridian, other than to make Roon available (i.e. to help Meridian make their equipment Roon ready -- which they will do for any manufacturer that is willing to work with them).  If Roon were to disappear, this would have only a negligible affect on Tidal or mQa.

*Are you going to hold Meridian employees personally responsible (even when they've changed employers)?

If Sony is now dumping this MQA crap on the market. then I would advocate boycotting Sony.

Why isn't Sony included in your signature?

mQa is dead!

Go online and read reviews of Roon.  All the ones I read emphasize the fact that Roon supports MQA.

Roon provides more than negligible support for MQA.

We are all free to do what we want. Do as you wish.

As for me, I will avoid Tidal and Roon like the plague as long as they support MQA.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

12 minutes ago, KeenObserver said:

Go online and read reviews of Roon.  All the ones I read emphasize the fact that Roon supports MQA.

Roon provides more than negligible support for MQA.

We are all free to do what we want. Do as you wish.

Roon "supports" mQa/Tidal in exactly the same way Audirvana and Amarra does, as mentioned earlier.  In the Roon forum you will find some mQa evangelists that are active posters -- they have no connection to Roon other than being customers.

15 minutes ago, KeenObserver said:

As for me, I will avoid Tidal and Roon like the plague as long as they support MQA.

Similarly, you should also avoid Qobuz, Audirvana, and Amarra. And for consistency, that should be noted in your signature. 

mQa is dead!

6 minutes ago, KeenObserver said:

Riddle me this:

Without MQA and Tidal would Roon exist?

I don't know.  Roon does get their fair share of mQa/Tidal customers.

7 minutes ago, KeenObserver said:

Without Tidal and Roon would MQA still exist?

You can make a reasonable argument that without Tidal, mQa would not exist.  Roon is irrelevant.

mQa is dead!

1 hour ago, Rt66indierock said:

The OP is now seeing lossless streaming to be a hard sell. It looks like you can keep 99% of people happy with 256k AAC or 320k Mp3 streaming.

The labels have been dumping some MQA files lately. I think most were converted prior to 2019 but not given to Tidal because of back royalties due. Square Inc bought Tidal for Hip Hop and access to artists with a good pitch we can help you sell stuff and pay you faster.

There doesn’t seem to a market for the “crown jewels” sorry Spenser Chrislu.

MQA should be liquidated and put this attempt to license the music chain from artist to consumer to bed. But the wrong side of the audio bell curve men like Ted Green, Bill Leebens, Jim Austin and Lee Scoggins are trying to keep a discussion about MQA alive.

There were people that bought into selling this scheme 100%.

If it goes down the tubes, they will be exposed for being the dupes and shills that they are.

MQA is absolutely no good for the music consumer. They are simply being screwed.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

1 hour ago, Rt66indierock said:

The OP is now seeing lossless streaming to be a hard sell. It looks like you can keep 99% of people happy with 256k AAC or 320k Mp3 streaming.

The labels have been dumping some MQA files lately. I think most were converted prior to 2019 but not given to Tidal because of back royalties due. Square Inc bought Tidal for Hip Hop and access to artists with a good pitch we can help you sell stuff and pay you faster.

There doesn’t seem to a market for the “crown jewels” sorry Spenser Chrislu.

MQA should be liquidated and put this attempt to license the music chain from artist to consumer to bed. But the wrong side of the audio bell curve men like Ted Green, Bill Leebens, Jim Austin and Lee Scoggins are trying to keep a discussion about MQA alive.

My personal opinion is that there may be more than 1% that cares about hi-rez music. Maybe not much more, but they would be the ones that got royally screwed if the only available music that was available was this MQA crap.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook