IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

43 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

I bet that's right, though I'd also be curious then if King Crimson is available in "Masters" on TIDAL or not. If it is, and UMG had not obtained proper authorization from the artist, Fripp could potentially be another Neil Young in waiting.

No sign of King Crimson on Tidal MQA listings as far as I can see at the moment 

4 hours ago, UkPhil said:

Look like Japan is still churning out the prog classics in mQa CD format, why what's the point surely the 24/96 Blu Ray release was more than anyone would need if you wanted to fill your boots with Hi-Res or just the normal CD to be honest seen as we are going back 1969 with this one  

MQA CD.png

But if that’s seen as a good thing then dual-layer SACD is better since the CD layer is unadulterated and you can have separate masters, a squashed one for in the car and a dynamic one for at home.

@John_Atkinson, I found what you wrote about anonymity interesting and wanted to hear the Stereophile policy on anonymous sources:

(1) Would you provide the identity of an anonymous source to a company which claims that the anonymous person hurt the interests of that company?

(2) Do you ignore anonymous sources that provide you with information that may hurt the interests of a company?

12 minutes ago, svart-hvitt said:

@John_Atkinson, I found what you wrote about anonymity interesting and wanted to hear the Stereophile policy on anonymous sources:

(1) Would you provide the identity of an anonymous source to a company which claims that the anonymous person hurt the interests of that company?

As Stereophile doesn't publish content from anonymous sources, your question is moot. The author of every article and review that is published in Stereophile is clearly identified with his or her real name.

12 minutes ago, svart-hvitt said:

(2) Do you ignore anonymous sources that provide you with information that may hurt the interests of a company?

A meaningless question.

John Atkinson

Technical Editor, Stereophile

17 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

We've been around this anonymity circle before with @John_Atkinson. There's no need to do it again. Just search the thread. 

Dear Cris, 

Could you please add a new button for annoying postings …that’s missing.

This seems to be a never ending discussion …debate without any kind of news.

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

2 hours ago, John_Atkinson said:

As Stereophile doesn't publish content from anonymous sources, your question is moot. The author of every article and review that is published in Stereophile is clearly identified with his or her real name.

Unless it was Sam Tellig, who was Tom Gillett posting under a pseudonym.  So... not true.

1 minute ago, Currawong said:

Unless it was Sam Tellig. 

I said in an earlier posting that this (Tom Gillett writing for Stereophile under the pen name Sam Tellig) was agreed to 2 years before I joined Stereophile in 1986. I honored that agreement, even though I disagreed with it.

John Atkinson

21 minutes ago, John_Atkinson said:

I said in an earlier posting that this (Tom Gillett writing for Stereophile under the pen name Sam Tellig) was agreed to 2 years before I joined Stereophile in 1986. I honored that agreement, even though I disagreed with it.

And it was not much of a secret, even then.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

On 6/2/2021 at 5:08 PM, John_Atkinson said:

Not at all. Having worked in audio magazine publishing for 45 years, I strongly believe that if you are going to publish opinions and test results that may result in financial consequences for those whom you write about, you must do so using your actual name. With one exception - an exception that was agreed to before I joined the magazine - every contributor to Stereophile signs his work with his real name.

John Atkinson

I admire your ethical standards.

For the sake of full disclosure and openness, could you answers the following questions.

During your tenure at Stereophile, what percentage of the market did Meridian hold?

During your tenure at Stereophile, how many reviews were made of Meridian equipment?

What is your relationship with Bob Stuart?

This will help the audiophile to make an honest assessment of the value of your pronouncements on things related to Bob Stuart.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

59 minutes ago, KeenObserver said:

I admire your ethical standards.

For the sake of full disclosure and openness, could you answers the following questions.

During your tenure at Stereophile, what percentage of the market did Meridian hold?

During your tenure at Stereophile, how many reviews were made of Meridian equipment?

What is your relationship with Bob Stuart?

This will help the audiophile to make an honest assessment of the value of your pronouncements on things related to Bob Stuart.

What % of advertising dollars are from MQA. Not the amount, just the % would be useful. This gets to the meat of the nut.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

People keep holding up Consumer Reports as a non-biased review magazine but actually it is. Being an not-for-profit, CR has to show who has donated money to them. At one point, the biggest donors to CR were the charity arms of Honda Motor Corp. and Toyota. Just saying...

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

I believe people should have a choice. If they like MQA - fine go for it. But, that is not how they are acting and that is the issue.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590