IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

16 hours ago, KeenObserver said:

Is there MQA without Tidal?

Is there Tidal without Roon?

Perhaps it is time to scrutinize Roon.

I suspect that these guys are all in bed together.

MQA produces the product.

Tidal distributes the product.

Roon provides the means to consume the product.

I was just keeping with the groups tone here.   With all the crap you laid out about Roon, you must regret your membership.

I've used every other player software and to my experience they cannot hold a candle to Roon.   The whole point was increasing my listening enjoyment therefore spending more time listening.   I am a regular participant on many Roon's forum topics and really enjoy the camaraderie I've experienced there.   Sorry if your experience has not been otherwise excellent.   

21 minutes ago, LarryMagoo said:

I've used every other player software and to my experience they cannot hold a candle to Roon. 

Have you tried TAS? I could hold the candle for you, so you don't extinguish it with tears of joy. 😉

I'm MarkusBarkus and I approve this post.10C78B47-4B41-4675-BB84-885019B72A8B.thumb.png.adc3586c8cc9851ecc7960401af05782.png

4 hours ago, lucretius said:

They haven't figured out how to MQA multichannel music yet?

Sure they have.  That's how I obtained the multichannel MQA tracks that I have.  What they have not done (I am glad to say) is to release any commercially.  As a result, labels that are MQA-ing their stereo catalog are leaving their MCH stuff untouched.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

5 minutes ago, KeenObserver said:

That's unfortunate.  If MQA and Tidal died, would Roon survive? Is it in Roon's benefit to be tacitly supporting MQA?

I think Roon needs to support streaming services if it wants new or renewed subscriptions/customers.  For Roon to cut Tidal loose at this point makes no sense.  Let's see what new streaming services come out and how many of those Roon will support.

mQa is dead!

Why do you think Roon needs Tidal?    They have 300,000 customers that like Roon for what it is.....They can add Convolutions for Room Correction or HQP if they like that alteration to their Music files.   Plus I think Qobuz has as a good following there.  I enjoy using their services.    Roon to get off the pot?   

7 hours ago, LarryMagoo said:

I would never touch a piece of PS Audio kit ever simply due to their MQA creation!

I stopped buying their stuff when they introduced the Bridge v1 for the PerfectWave DAC and it wouldn't play gapless music. Turns out they didn't know that was a "thing". 

ChrisG

Bend, OR

1 hour ago, lucretius said:

I think Roon needs to support streaming services if it wants new or renewed subscriptions/customers.  For Roon to cut Tidal loose at this point makes no sense.  Let's see what new streaming services come out and how many of those Roon will support.

It's not really about which streaming services Roon supports, it is which streaming services will work with Roon so that their catalog can interact with the Roon software so users see both their local library and the streaming service's library as one. 

ChrisG

Bend, OR

8 hours ago, lucretius said:

Roon insists on having the streaming service appear totally integrated into it's UI. Understandable, since the UI is sort of the main selling point. This means the streaming service has to give up it's branding/look and UI, and has to allow Roon full access to it's database.

So far only Tidal and Qobuz are willing. 

Amazon doesn't care. Roon said they didn't even respond to enquiries.

Spotify will never do it - their UI is their money maker, and Roon isn't big enough to matter to them.

Same for the others.

Maybe in the future Roon will compromise with a special window within it's UI for one or more of the streaming services - but don't hold your breath. They seem to be doing quite well appealing to their audience with just Tidal and Qobuz.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

10 minutes ago, firedog said:

Roon insists on having the streaming service appear totally integrated into it's UI. Understandable, since the UI is sort of the main selling point. This means the streaming service has to give up it's branding/look and UI, and has to allow Roon full access to it's database.

So far only Tidal and Qobuz are willing. 

Amazon doesn't care. Roon said they didn't even respond to enquiries.

Spotify will never do it - their UI is their money maker, and Roon isn't big enough to matter to them.

Same for the others.

Maybe in the future Roon will compromise with a special window within it's UI for one or more of the streaming services - but don't hold your breath. They seem to be doing quite well appealing to their audience with just Tidal and Qobuz.

Roon's competitors need to put out a better product with a better UI. They need to connect to a better service than Tidal.  And they certainly need to put out a better product than MQA, which is an easy task.

Outstanding software connected to a prime service putting out High-Rez music would be the audiophile's dream. It would certainly outclass Roon supporting Tidal and MQA.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook