IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

4 hours ago, LarryMagoo said:

With all this nonsense/fraud about MQA, how can anyone feel good about buying ANY PS Audio gear?

Qobuz is only $120/year...seems reasonable for what you get and can sample anything you can find before deciding to actually purchase a copy...

Sorry, but once MQA gets a foothold in, they will try to shove in the whole body. But, you are paying extra for having MQA delivered to you and it is not good. 128K MP3's sound better.

Current:  JRiver 24 on Win 10 PC (AMD Ryzen 5 2600 with 32 GB RAM) or Daphile on an I5-2500K with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Pioneer M-22 (winter) - Sony TA-N55ES (summer)

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and DiMarzio Interconnects

I have read where educated ears recognizing High Res from 16/44 is at best 50/50....So if even Golden Ears get it wrong half the time...why is there even DSD if 192kHz cannot be recognized  faithfully?

Do all these guys/gals work for McGowan???😂🤣😂

You would think that a group like AES would be credible.....Marketing should not have 1 second of discussion from an engineering firm.   The truth is getting harder to come by making money is the real issue.  DISGUSTING!

Yes they want to take over the world. 

https://vilvit.io/

Imagine the idea of all created music stored one place. Just one file each tune to save the earth. Everything MQA processed. (or on the fly MQA tagged that depends on what you are willing to pay or have of certified and licenced equipment). End to end encryption. Other metadata done by Roon.
"Just as the artist intended."

A global repository of recorded music allows streaming services to cut cost by consolidated efforts, content creators to securely store and manage their catalogue, a one stop shop for correct metadata and reduce the energy footprint of the music industry combined.

What if the tools you have to release your music improve substantially and are also better for the environment? When releasing music, imagine not pushing multiple files out across the globe – deliver one file and the rest is just metadata transfers. What if fixing metadata happened in one place, with the tools put in your hands?

But what if the global catalogue of recorded music was hosted in one place with a low energy footprint? All you had to do was to provide tokens to prove that you had the licenses and vilvit.io took it from there?

The cost of ingesting a full catalogue requires cash and capability. What if this was already handled, and all you needed was tokens to prove you had a license to stream a specific subset of the world's recorded music?

617768766_Screenshot2021-05-07at08_02_24.thumb.png.f784d57535c91368a5f2251edd16a163.png

18 hours ago, Ran said:

Anyone familiar?

182745220_10158322668973585_1438983159374122463_n.jpg

16 hours ago, KeenObserver said:

Wow!

Has AES become that pathetic?

Do you think there will be any engineering discussions based on actual scientific principles?

16 hours ago, LarryMagoo said:

You would think that a group like AES would be credible.....Marketing should not have 1 second of discussion from an engineering firm.   The truth is getting harder to come by making money is the real issue.  DISGUSTING!

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

That will be nothing but MQA. 

It is worthwhile realizing that the "AES Show Spring 2021" is a 4 day conference with dozens of lectures and themed sessions. The schedule is here (link). The session on streaming (with some MQA stuff, we presume) is 1.5 hours, with 1.5 other sessions competing at the same time.

11 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

That's a very kind way of saying infomercial. Mike JBara has one gear, it's called "scorched Earth, burning bridges, full speed MQA, damn the rest of you, it's all about me."

That may be true of the one session, NOT the whole 4 day conference. Slamming Jbara for his behavior in your RMAF talk, and expected behavior in the session on streaming is one thing; slamming all of AES is inappropriate, IMHO.

1 hour ago, SoundAndMotion said:

dozens of lectures and themed sessions.

I was responding to this... 

37 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

That's a very kind way of saying infomercial.

Did I misread your post, or did you misread mine?

Either way, the conference looks interesting, especially many talks/sessions on spatial sound...

2 hours ago, SoundAndMotion said:

Either way, the conference looks interesting, especially many talks/sessions on spatial sound...

Slightly off topic here, but I have to say I agree, there are a number of other sessions that do look as if they might be very interesting.  I think I will register.  

Windows 10 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, SOtM sMS-200Ultra, tX-USBultra, Paul Hynes SR4 (x2), Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection.

8 hours ago, Hifi Bob said:

The usual BS. But my, how dull can Bob be? I’d be surprised if anyone makes it to the end of the video.

Do you think the interviewer understood the full consequences of MQA?

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

6 hours ago, SoundAndMotion said:

Slamming Jbara for his behavior in your RMAF talk, and expected behavior in the session on streaming is one thing; slamming all of AES is inappropriate, IMHO.

Agree. And one of the participants, Vicki Melchior, is one of the most respected DSP experts around.

John Atkinson

Technical Editor, Stereophile

15 minutes ago, Thuaveta said:

So we've got three people with fingers deep in the MQA pot (Chris Horton, a representative for a major shareholder, the fracking CEO of MQA Ltd, a strategic advisor to the only (western ? haven't been following the China debacle(s)) streaming service that uses MQA, an employee of a company with tight historical and current links to the principals at MQA Ltd), one that isn't, and your conclusion is that @The Computer Audiophile is unfairly calling the panel an infomercial, because there's one person on it that is clearly extraordinarily competent and likely still has a shred of integrity left.

Yes I see it as round the Calvary up and create a wall around MQA  I hope they allow Q and A sessions for registered participants as it’s going to be a pretty one sided affair if not