IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

1 minute ago, kumakuma said:

Thanks - I guess I could have googled that - again, thanks for taking the time.  I tend to see the forums as conversation, and in a conversation you go with what you have - :D thanks!

Anyways, I see this:

"Meridian Audio agreed to transfer the company’s software applications business to the newly established entity."

So from the looks of it was not the employees striking out on their own. like the AKG headphone employees in Austria  - it was a spin off, even if the announcement is not clear about it... Again, that I explain things over at the Roon forum - think I am one comment away from being banned ! :D - ah well, will thread lightly...

v

Maybe they didn't want to work with BS directly......

Take the above anyway you wish  🤣

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

3 minutes ago, bambadoo said:

And people leaving from Wimp/Tidal to MQA and to Roon. Obviously more also. 

Anyone know what this is?

https://vilvit.io/

People from MQA/Roon are involved it seems. 

1242026885_Screenshot2021-04-27at22_32_29.thumb.png.8aab278973f251a0009e0ce32ec98d9d.png

My guess is Pål Bråtelund heads it up as he worked / works with MQA and Roon. I like Paul a lot. Just don't agree with his take on MQA. 

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing The Audiophile Style Podcast

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Does anyone know the relation of Roon's Sarah Stuart to MQA's Bob Stuart?

"Sarah works on music editorial and research as part of Roon’s Music Team." https://blog.roonlabs.com/author/sarah/

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/sarah-stuart-7889b1150

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 2.18.41 PM.png

Isn’t Bob married to ridiculous amounts of money?  Not sure it would be a family member having to work.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Does anyone know the relation of Roon's Sarah Stuart to MQA's Bob Stuart?

"Sarah works on music editorial and research as part of Roon’s Music Team." https://blog.roonlabs.com/author/sarah/

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/sarah-stuart-7889b1150

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 2.18.41 PM.png

She shares a last name with Mr. Stuart.  I'm a little surprised you seem to almost be asking the forum for help doxing someone.  Bad form for the forum owner, and potentially more ammo for MQA to throw hate at this forum.  I'm perplexed, to say the least.

37 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

She shares a last name with Mr. Stuart.  I'm a little surprised you seem to almost be asking the forum for help doxing someone.  Bad form for the forum owner, and potentially more ammo for MQA to throw hate at this forum.  I'm perplexed, to say the least.

What part of any of what I posted and asked involves doxxing?

This is all made public by Her. I just asked if there was a connection. 

dox
/däks/

verb
INFORMAL
gerund or present participle: doxxing
  1. search for and publish private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the internet, typically with malicious intent.
    "hackers and online vigilantes routinely dox both public and private figures"

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

What part of any of what I posted and asked involves doxxing?

This is all made public by Her. I just asked if there was a connection. 

dox
/däks/

verb
INFORMAL
gerund or present participle: doxxing
  1. search for and publish private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the internet, typically with malicious intent.
    "hackers and online vigilantes routinely dox both public and private figures"

So, right to semantics is it?  OK.  I predict you'll regret this eventually, but sure, keep projecting confidence now.  👍

1 minute ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

So, right to semantics is it?  OK.  I predict you'll regret this eventually, but sure, keep projecting confidence now.  👍

Please help me understand. She posted her full name on the Roon site, posted all work history on Linked In, which includes Roon and MQA. I just asked if there’s a relation. 

If you think this is wrong, I can’t help you. 

1 hour ago, Dr Tone said:

Isn’t Bob married to ridiculous amounts of money?

That’s what everyone talks about, but I’ve never bothered to look into it. I don’t really care. 

1 hour ago, Dr Tone said:

Not sure it would be a family member having to work.

having versus wanting and all the variables involved in generational wealth are unknown. 

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Please help me understand. She posted her full name on the Roon site, posted all work history on Linked In, which includes Roon and MQA. I just asked if there’s a relation. 

If you think this is wrong, I can’t help you. 

Not asking for your help Chris.  If you feel good about what you did, well there's that.  She could now claim Audiophile Style targeted her and solicited information on a possible familial relationship with Bob Stuart.  The "publicly available information" shield won't help you in a hypothetical PR campaign against your site.  I might hate MQA more than anyone on this forum, but I would never do something as stupid as you did (no offense intended).

22 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Roon supports MQA more than any HiFi company I know. This support certainly isn’t on the scientific side. perhaps there’s more to it. 

Not forgetting Roon was able to change MQA's mind about EQ. So they're definitely influential.

2 hours ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

1.- The stuff posted  is from Linkedin - public info. If you can google the answer, well, public info. I think Chris was 100% appropriate in his query.  

2.- To me, Chris' question was also VERY useful - it reminded me of the ties between Meridian and Roon and help me with my epiphany of why I am always pummeled by moderators when I point out the crap MQA is trying to pull at the Roon forum...

v

4 minutes ago, Currawong said:

If you don't want Roon sending money to MQA, just disable the ability of it to unfold it on all your devices. 

Then there's the  horror of listening to unfolded MQA (via Tidal/Roon).  Need to get rid of Tidal too.  However, Qobuz does not operate in Canada, so that leaves Tidal as the only realistic streaming solution.

mQa is dead!

Get 30 free days of Roon (in addition to trial):  https://roonlabs.com/r/b32jd3yFxk6BhDs3tn48uw