IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

7 hours ago, Rt66indierock said:

Xiami Music

"Xiami’s popularity declined in recent years amid stiff competition from other music-streaming services such as QQ Music and NetEase Cloud Music, which occupy larger market shares. The new sites built up their user bases with diverse and — more importantly — copyrighted music, according to media reports.

Yu Yandi, a culture and entertainment industry analyst at market research firm Analysys, told Sixth Tone that Xiami couldn’t keep up with the changing times. Xiami’s music database offered fewer choices than competitors, as music labels and artists became more assertive about protecting their copyrights and users switched to other platforms.

“Copyrighted content is certainly one of the most important issues, because that’s the most crucial thing for music platforms,” she said. “Also, after Alibaba acquired Xiami Music, the company handled its membership through affiliated platforms, which damaged Xiami’s profit model. If users register through other channels, they have the option of not paying the platform directly.”

https://www.sixthtone.com/news/1006676/chinas-music-aficionados-lament-loss-of-streaming-service-xiami

I totally knew Warner had MQAshed lots of material. What I did not know is that they don´t even give the 16bit 44,1 flac version (clearly there is one since this is for sale as cd) or even bother mentioning that the version is MQA. I recently played Nathalia Stutzmann and my non-MQA-dac went 96k. Erato=Warner=MQA? Or am I jumping into conclusion here? Could somebody with MQA-dac please check this.

This is an example from Tidal (within Roon):

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 12.07.33.png

Jussi Arvio

Contributing Editor

Hifimaailma Magazine

27 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

Are you saying MQA Ltd chose badly when they signed up Xiami? If so isn't that a reflection of who is willing to do business with MQA Ltd?  

I don't know, it's better not to waste time making up a story.

7 hours ago, Rt66indierock said:

Why not I've advanced the idea that it a bad business decision to do business with MQA. 

Why don't I want to waste time making stuff up? Yes you have a history of making things up.

For example, remember in this thread when you seemed to know what PS Audio customers wanted/requested better than PS Audio themselves about what their customer demand for MQA support?? After Paul McGowan said clearly in a video that he isn't a fan of MQA but he gets a bunch of customer demand for it.

Just one example...

I would prefer MQA go away but I'm not going to waste time making stuff up just for the sake of being anti-MQA - unless you find that entertaining?

9 hours ago, asdf1000 said:

I don't know, it's better not to waste time making up a story.

With all due respect, this not a court of law in which the OP or anyone else owes us proof of something, otherwise it is assumed to be false or a "story".

Take what he says at face value, or not, but accusing people of telling stories quickly moves in the direction of demands for "proof or it didn't happen". He owes you no such burden of proof.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott TIDAL

Boycott Warner Music Group

39 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

With all due respect, this not a court of law in which the OP or anyone else owes us proof of something, otherwise it is assumed to be false or a "story".

Take what he says at face value, or not, but accusing people of telling stories quickly moves in the direction of demands for "proof or it didn't happen". He owes you no such burden of proof.

All noted. But please note he asked me the question 'why not' so I was just answering his question and gave an example.

Regarding your comments about proof and court of law:

I don't care if he's not providing proof about anything and I'm placing no 'burden' on him for proof, so that's inaccurate.

I'm just pointing out he has a history of speaking in riddles and 'blowing smoke' as Chris pointed out (see links above). 

Pointing out for others reading this, not pointing out to him.

Maybe that will encourage less blowing smoke... or maybe not.

Again : I'd prefer MQA to go away... 

6 minutes ago, UkPhil said:

And does this take it even further, I need a lie down 

Yes, 33% further it would seem.

Windows 10 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, SOtM sMS-200Ultra, tX-USBultra, Paul Hynes SR4 (x2), Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection.

It you set your Tidal to HiFi, you should get the red book version and not Master, even though the red book version doesn’t show up as an available option.

Maybe time to stop getting angry at Tidal ?

On 1/15/2021 at 12:08 PM, jparvio said:

I totally knew Warner had MQAshed lots of material. What I did not know is that they don´t even give the 16bit 44,1 flac version (clearly there is one since this is for sale as cd) or even bother mentioning that the version is MQA. I recently played Nathalia Stutzmann and my non-MQA-dac went 96k. Erato=Warner=MQA? Or am I jumping into conclusion here? Could somebody with MQA-dac please check this.

This is an example from Tidal (within Roon):

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 12.07.33.png

Funny.... now all the info is there. I wonder what happened.

Screenshot 2021-01-17 at 10.44.16.png

Jussi Arvio

Contributing Editor

Hifimaailma Magazine

15 hours ago, DuckToller said:

If I am not mistaken, your source is just guilty of unfiltered copy-paste of source material:

Agreed, it's just a cut and paste of the manufacturer's marketing fluff. 

Althought regarding my "source", the What Hi Fi writer is Becky Scarott, and we have seen her here before:

Windows 10 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, SOtM sMS-200Ultra, tX-USBultra, Paul Hynes SR4 (x2), Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection.

2 hours ago, Confused said:

Agreed, it's just a cut and paste of the manufacturer's marketing fluff. 

Althought regarding my "source", the What Hi Fi writer is Becky Scarott, and we have seen her here before:

My thorough excuses for tagging "the" source to you personally in my comment, my friend !!!
By the way, does your wife know that you follow Becky Scarrott on instagram ??? ;-)

4 minutes ago, DuckToller said:

By the way, does your wife know that you follow Becky Scarrott on instagram ??? ;-)

If I'm honest, I'm having more than enough fun just following her on What Hi Fi.

8 hours ago, R1200CL said:

It you set your Tidal to HiFi, you should get the red book version and not Master, even though the red book version doesn’t show up as an available option.

Maybe time to stop getting angry at Tidal ?

That wasn't my experience. What's your source for this claim?