IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

20 hours ago, firedog said:

You are really being funny now, even though I know you don't mean to be.

I suggest you view the video of Chris' attempt to make a balanced presentation about MQA in front of an audience. 

The MQA people and their audio press lackeys simply interrupted, shouted him down, pounded tables, engaged in ad-hominem attacks instead of countering what was being presented. That's what you do when you have an economic motive to protect a product that is based on lies, and can't stand up to any kind of factual analysis/presentation. If you have real confidence in what you are selling, you don't mind the truth.

Bob & Co. have been asked for  five years in various places to factually counter the technical claims of people such as Archimago, Miska, Mansr, etc. - and have never done so.

There's a reason for that - they can't.

Auralic - they discovered that an actual MQA license meant MQA interference in the workings of their equipment/ecosystem, and decided to forgo the pleasure. They didn't want MQA dictating to them their customers listening experience.

Wow, thanks for posting this. I heard about this event and missed it I didn't know there was a recording. It's funny as soon as Archimago's slide comes up they immediately try to get Chris to admit that Archimago is "just a guy on the Internet". I'll watch the rest of this later.

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

To the MQA team it matters big time because they need to attack people's character rather than the facts

Next time, you shouldn’t leave those seats next to you empty 😀 

And you should “attack” with more statements etc. And starting with saying Bob was invited as well given the slides upfront. That should hopefully stop such ambushing. 

BTW, 3 females in audience. Not bad.

Was you on your way to loose your temper, since you left if I can ask ?

It must have been frustrating.

14 minutes ago, Thuaveta said:

With all due respect, lack of journalism. period. Amen to all the rest, of course.

The painfully biting irony of the MQA disinformation campaign is of course that Stuart's career was bankrolled by Boston Globe money...

I sit corrected 😉. Happy Holidays @Thuaveta.

Archimago's Musings: A "more objective" take for the Rational Audiophile.

Beyond mere fidelity, into immersion and realism.

:nomqa: R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

On 12/30/2020 at 10:47 AM, Archimago said:

I think for me the greatest disappointment as an audiophile consumer is the lack of independent journalism in the audiophile world. Folks willing to ask tough questions and demand evidence. ...

This is not the whole truth. Unfortunately many consumers do not bother to question the salesmen "truth" even if (a hifi Journalist) try to steer them towards the available facts. I know this from experience. Audiophile community should also understand that most of the consumers (or even hifi hobbyists) are not after the most authentic sound available. Many settle for what they personally consider as "good or likeable sound" whatever that is for them. Can we really blame consumers for adopting something like MQA after decades of Ogg, MP3 etc.? No, I am not giving up but th whole World cannot be saved. It is what it is.         

Jussi Arvio

Contributing Editor

Hifimaailma Magazine

1 hour ago, firedog said:

If MQA was marketed as an "perceptully lossless" alternative to Ogg, mp3 etc., we would welcome it as an improvement. But when the false marketing and intention to replace actual lossless are taken into account, it simply isn't something acceptable.

And I totally agree. But even amongst audiophiles there are people welcoming MQA. People who should know better. 

Jussi Arvio

Contributing Editor

Hifimaailma Magazine

3 minutes ago, KeenObserver said:

MP3 and Vorbis are now open standards.  You do not have to pay royalties to produce or play them.

MQA would have you pay royalties at each stage of the implementation.

If MQA became the distribution standard, then every music consumer would be paying for it.

I know this, You know this. About 99,9% of the people who consume music one way or the other don´t understand why they should be aware of MQA´s hidden agenda. And as I mentioned earlier I get the feeling most of them don´t even care and that saddens me.  

Jussi Arvio

Contributing Editor

Hifimaailma Magazine

3 minutes ago, jparvio said:

I know this, You know this. About 99,9% of the people who consume music one way or the other don´t understand why they should be aware of MQA´s hidden agenda. And as I mentioned earlier I get the feeling most of them don´t even care and that saddens me.  

We can at least let those that are affected by this know the truth.  If they ignore it, then it is on them.  We cannot just sit back and let MQA spew their BS and implement a system that damages music and makes the music consumer pay for it.

I, for one, will never have MQA music or equipment.

And I, for one, will never buy any new Warner music.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook