IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

15 minutes ago, DuckToller said:

Still wondering about the buzz ... and where the source file you've encoded is arriving from if you haven't got the MQA-CD of that album? Download from Tidal, Eudora, HDtracks, other ???
It appears that you have neither the original MQA-CD nor the files from a rip of an original MQA-CD and you assume that from your methodology you can prove they are scam? Did I summarize your intention correctly ?

I understand that you may have proved something to be incorrect and you are unhappy with MQA's woeful & untrue marketing efforts: If I am not mistaken, this doesn't look like the hottest news from the MQA kitchen, ymmv.

Would you please explain to me why you think that this is utterly important because I didn't get that point from your postings??

And no,  I am not an MQA troll, I am just trying to emphasize what people starting reading this threat may understand and what not.
Cheers, Tom

The link on MQA's website says "you can purchase the MQA-CD on the Eudora website" and when you click the link and you buy them, you don't get the "MQA-CD" but you get 24bit MQAs. That's the "buzz".
The stream from Tidal is 24bit as well, easy to check with Audirvana, Roon, ... when playing you see 24bit

31 minutes ago, IT Freak said:

The link on MQA's website says "you can purchase the MQA-CD on the Eudora website" and when you click the link and you buy them, you don't get the "MQA-CD" but you get 24bit MQAs. That's the "buzz".
The stream from Tidal is 24bit as well, easy to check with Audirvana, Roon, ... when playing you see 24bit

Did you buy these 24bit MQA's from there then and where they confirmed from Eudora as MQA-CD DL files or did they announce them as 24bit files on the invoice ???
Did they send you the wrong DL link ?
Did you talk with the label about that offer & your experience before publishing your analysis here?
And how did they respond ?
Perhaps, the MQA-CD you intent to analyze and encode isn't yet available from them?
If you find my suggestion strange please tell me ...

I frankly don't understand what IT Freak stands to gain by lying. I actually own MQA-CDs. They play back fine from regular CD players, they play back fine on non-MQA DACs, and they unfold just fine on MQA DACs. Therefore we know without a shadow of a doubt that they are are regular 16-bit Redbook PCM streams otherwise standard CD players would not be able to read them.

12 minutes ago, DuckToller said:

Did you buy these 24bit MQA's from there then and where they confirmed from Eudora as MQA-CD DL files or did they announce them as 24bit files on the invoice ???
Did they send you the wrong DL link ?
Did you talk with the label about that offer & your experience before publishing your analysis here?
And how did they respond ?
Perhaps, the MQA-CD you intent to analyze and encode isn't yet available from them?
If you find my suggestion strange please tell me ...

The MQA website gives a link that clearly states "purchase the MQA-CD on the Eudora website".
Tell me where I can find the MQA-CD using that link ???
If it's not available YET, then they shouldn't write it down and make such big announcements in the first place,  
don't you think? The only things I see are an SACD which is NOT MQA-CD and purchase options for download versions which are marked "MQA" (and not 24bit MQA) so we can keep on believing we are actually getting the MQA-CD quality and OMG it sounds great.

People will actually believe that MQA-CD sounds that good, because they don't know they are listening to 24bit MQAs. What will be the next step? Replace all CDs in stores with MQA-CDs - not because they sound better but because they convinced us they sound just like 24bit MQAs with such tricks? lol

42 minutes ago, IT Freak said:

People will actually believe that MQA-CD sounds that good, because they don't know they are listening to 24bit MQAs. What will be the next step? Replace all CDs in stores with MQA-CDs - not because they sound better but because they convinced us they sound just like 24bit MQAs with such tricks? lol

Excuse me if that sounds a bit paranoid to my ears. I got the - perhaps limited - experience that most "people" or customers are more interested in music than format.
- if there is no MQA available (which seems to be the case) they just look for another format (sigh!).
- The ones intending to have MQA urgently will be deeply disappointed from this marketing hole.
- The handful of blinded and brainwashed MQA follower who can't read properly a website or do not understand what they buy and hear may be tricked into an impulse buy.(so sad)
- The ones who understand that the format isn't available there will either come back later or ...

Seriously, I did not expect after all these controversies we have seen that MQA or the companies/actors close to the BS universe work with open and objective information to the customers. We have seen a long time ago that the "people" aren't their target customers. They are just there to believe in this "beautiful" format and trigger social media feed.
Mutuality to political party BS is just accidentically.

Does anyone understand exactly what’s been explained here. I’m totally confused. (I can’t understand it’s technically possible to have a 24 bit rate inside a 16 bit pcm transmission stream). 

http://bobtalks.co.uk/blog/mqaplayback/mqa-cd-examples/

When the transmission is restricted to 16 bits, as for example in an MQA CD, the decoder will maintain the output resolution at 24b, firstly to preserve the encoder’s enhanced quantisation, but also because there is more information in a decoded MQA CD than can be represented in a normal rectangular 44.4 kHz/16b PCM channel.
The MQA decoder maintains 24-bit precision, but the 16b restriction means the underlying channel noise (but not necessarily the recording noise) can be higher, as shown in the following illustrative examples.

http://bobtalks.co.uk/blog/mqaplayback/origami-and-the-last-mile/

Once the recording has been ‘de-blurred’, MQA uses a process we call ‘Music Origami’ that focusses on maintaining the information in the orange triangle (plus a substantial safety margin), thereby making this large, high-resolution file both manageable, and compatible with any service or playback device. This section reviews the ‘origami’ used to make a single-speed (1s MQL) transmission file. As a first step, very high-frequency content (C) is ‘encapsulated’ and hidden away below the noise floor of B.

I revisited a test album, P.I.Tschaikovsky op - 70 Souvenir de Florence - Unamas Strings Septet downloaded from highresaudio. I have two versions, a regular 192 kHz PCM and the MQA versions of each track. It's been a long time since I listened to it. It was as I remembered it: a very good recording in general, with the MQA version being a little better: a touch more mciro-detail, and strings are a touch more defined against the background. It's the sort of difference you wouldn't recognize unless you were critically listening for it. Maybe it would be more obvious with a better DAC and source. My headphone setup uses the Liberty (plus AliExpress linear power supply of course) and my main PC. DAC and amp are running off of a cheap Emotiva mains common noise filter bar. Also the MQA version of album causes the green light which means its an MQA stream but not fully authorized if that matters at all. I'll look around for another MQA album to compare.