IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

12 minutes ago, Tintinabulum said:

For balance, innocent readers may want to see the other side of the argument, which is the opposite of what you said above. All innocent readers get is the tired views of anti-MQA campaigners who have been at it for years/become jaded/done no good/are in it to the death/make stuff up. By all means take Warners down. 

That seems like a moderately patronizing attitude.

And since no one is paying attention, why do you keep responding.

Again, do you have a vested interest?

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

9 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Here are some pieces of information.

Thanks I'll try and find time for a closer look, I was thinking of something perhaps less technical, that enthusiasts, dealers, suppliers etc etc could refer too as part of any campaign to keep our music free of corruption. I appreciate a technical proof is valuable but might get more popular support keeping it simple. Seems like both sides have endless technical "proof"

9 minutes ago, sp25 said:

Thanks I'll try and find time for a closer look, I was thinking of something perhaps less technical, that enthusiasts, dealers, suppliers etc etc could refer too as part of any campaign to keep our music free of corruption. I appreciate a technical proof is valuable but might get more popular support keeping it simple. Seems like both sides have endless technical "proof"

The other side has NO PROOF. The MQA-shills (sorry I show my disgust at them) just have marketing speak. They offer no proof. They never do any double blind listening tests. The tests (e.g. Archimago's test) that have been done with MQA files is a crap shoot and why would I pay more for a file that sounds worse? I mean and need a new DAC and software for decoding?

Tell me how that seems like a good idea?

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

11 minutes ago, botrytis said:

The other side has NO PROOF. The MQA-shills (sorry I show my disgust at them) just have marketing speak. They offer no proof. They never do any double blind listening tests. The tests (e.g. Archimago's test) that have been done with MQA files is a crap shoot and why would I pay more for a file that sounds worse? I mean and need a new DAC and software for decoding?

Tell me how that seems like a good idea?

The music labels have had a monopoly on the distribution of music since 78 records! With file sharing and streaming thats gone as is their ability to charge/overcharge (eg CDs) sell and sell again the same product. Shame Tidal has gone down that road but as has been said it seem to be a front for the labels.

6 minutes ago, sp25 said:

The music labels have had a monopoly on the distribution of music since 78 records! With file sharing and streaming thats gone as is their ability to charge/overcharge (eg CDs) sell and sell again the same product. Shame Tidal has gone down that road but as has been said it seem to be a front for the labels.

It seems what has been reported here is the labels are sending MQA files as regular high res FLAC to the streaming services. So people are paying extra to stream rhigh res FLAC files and getting shit MQA instead. Isn't that a bait an switch?

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

13 minutes ago, sp25 said:

With places like Bandcamp and Artist taking control of their music, the labels would like to be in charge but the industry is failing big time. Artists need to survive, labels not so mush.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

3 minutes ago, botrytis said:

It seems what has been reported here is the labels are sending MQA files as regular high res FLAC to the streaming services. So people are paying extra to stream rhigh res FLAC files and getting shit MQA instead. Isn't that a bait an switch?

Certainly a lack of transparency! and transparency in music and in what we are being sold is what we want! It does seem to stink

2 minutes ago, botrytis said:

With places like Bandcamp and Artist taking control of their music, the labels would like to be in charge but the industry is failing big time. Artists need to survive, labels not so mush.

The major labels are doing fantastic. Streaming is bring them back to the revenue levels of CD. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The major labels are doing fantastic. Streaming is bring them back to the revenue levels of CD. 

Since I don't stream - I wish they would just die.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

3 hours ago, Rexp said:

The Tidal store still sells FLAC downloads, no mention of MQA. So they must have both versions on their server? 

Are you sure Tidal SELLS downloads? I can’t find any place to purchase music from them. You can download music from them for offline listening but it will disappear the minute you end your subscription. 

16 minutes ago, daverich4 said:

Are you sure Tidal SELLS downloads? I can’t find any place to purchase music from them. You can download music from them for offline listening but it will disappear the minute you end your subscription. 

https://store.tidal.com/us/

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

11 minutes ago, KeenObserver said:

On the 12th Forbes reported that millions of new MQA tracks were coming to Tidal.

That's incredible! MQA and Warner must have spent the last 20 or 30 years in the studio authenticating and remastering all those tracks!

They have been doing for quite a while by all accounts I saw some post by Ken Forsythe on a thread in MQA fan site 

6 minutes ago, KeenObserver said:

Do you think every one of those tracks was "authenticated" and carefully mastered, or do you think they were dumped into a hopper and out came the MQA sausage?

Bob Stuart goes in front of a camera an tells about the careful MQA authentication process.  How cynical do you have to be to do that?  He is just a used car salesman selling a 30  year old piece of crap and telling you it's a Rolls Royce.

This catalogue of music must have been batch converted, most of these files MQA highlights them as green they are not authenticated at source so the transfers are just reworked 16/44.1, why would hide these files behind a proprietary wall if you didn’t have another motive to do so, this is not about bettering sound for the consumer. 

1 minute ago, UkPhil said:

This catalogue of music must have been batch converted, most of these files MQA highlights them as green they are not authenticated at source so the transfers are just reworked 16/44.1, why would hide these files behind a proprietary wall if you didn’t have another motive to do so, this is not about bettering sound for the consumer. 

So these are actually 13 bit crap?

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

32 minutes ago, KeenObserver said:

Do you think every one of those tracks was "authenticated" and carefully mastered, or do you think they were dumped into a hopper and out came the MQA sausage?

I thought the theory was that the characteristics of the ADC in the original studio recording are compensated for by (filtering) in the replaying DAC. So yeah, sausage.