IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

6 minutes ago, KeenObserver said:

No one is forced to buy those items.

The MQA business model would make MQA the controller of music distribution and every music consumer would have to pay for that "privilege".  There is a difference between choosing what product to buy and being forced to pay for a scheme that one does not want.

I realize that you are in a tough position, working for TAS.  But this is really a stretch.

A valid point, and thanks for expressing it without ire. It assumes, of course, that MQA, Ltd. has a plan for World Domination. I honestly don't know if that's the case.

BTW, I have never received any kind of editorial direction vis-a-vis MQA when I get an MQA-enabled component for review which, admittedly, hasn't been very often. I've had no contact at all with Lee Scoggins (once, in this thread, a fierce MQA advocate) and don't see any change in our coverage—or lack thereof—of the technology since he came aboard.

7 minutes ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

"To recap, Master Quality Authenticated is an encoding and decoding technology that delivers true high-resolution audio in a file size that can be easily streamed. It is based in part on entirely new research into human hearing as well as on novel digital sampling techniques for natural signals developed for cutting-edge medical imaging and astronomy. MQA’s stated mission is to deliver studio-master sound quality to listeners in a convenient format that anyone can enjoy. Beyond its superior sound quality (even compared with high-bit-rate PCM).."

Wow, that's rich. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

5 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Wow, that's rich. 

Actually, Chris, it's incredibly poor - as in grossly misleading and disingenuous. :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

2 minutes ago, Allan F said:

Actually, Chris, it's incredibly poor - as in grossly misleading and disingenuous. :)

How about this...🤣

"Now along comes a technology that delivers better sound quality than their massive PCM files, requires absolutely no expertise, is inexpensive and convenient, has a low bit rate, and to top it off, is readily available to everyone. With a couple of taps on a smartphone, any kid can stream audio that sounds better than the high-bit-rate files the early adopters worked so hard to acquire. In a single stroke, MQA democratized high resolution and obviated the early adopters’ elite status."

14 hours ago, firedog said:

In the present case, I can assume that anything coming from MQA is at best misleading or even a lie. Ditto for any quote from Mike Jbara. 

Thats true, I hadn't thought of it that way. In that sense just more noise from a source of ill repute to completely disregard.

2 hours ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

"(MQA can) only be described as a miracle of modern digital-audio technology and a boon to music lovers."

Now I'm worried for RH, has anyone actually seen him in the flesh lately? I'm concerned the above could only come from an AI-armed robot, an area LS's résumé suggests he's well-versed in.

Then again LS was a mouthpiece/salesman, not an engineer, so it's possible TAS under-vetted his résumé, opting instead to just splash his stated credentials onto a hiring press release and call it a day.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

1 hour ago, MikeyFresh said:

Thats true, I hadn't thought of it that way. In that sense just more noise from a source of ill repute to completely disregard.

Now I'm worried for RH, has anyone actually seen him in the flesh lately? I'm concerned the above could only come from an AI-armed robot, an area LS's résumé suggests he's well-versed in.

Then again LS was a mouthpiece/salesman, not an engineer, so it's possible TAS under-vetted his résumé, opting instead to just splash his stated credentials onto a hiring press release and call it a day.

Maybe RH will appear as a hologram at the next audio show, if it actually ever takes place.

Remember, Moses parted the Red Sea, Jesus walked on water, and Bob Stuart created MQA....😜

" Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war".

A quote from Shakespeare.

Before battle the Roman Legions would release the war dogs to attack their enemy.

This recent activity of writers passive-aggressively attacking the "civility" of those who expose the truth about MQA has me concerned that a new round of BS is starting.

I will be glad when MQA is finally dead and no longer poses a threat to the music consumer.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook