IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

35 minutes ago, FredericV said:

Another article which tries to weaken those who have debunked MQA, and try to lead the reader back to the canned articles from MQA?

https://audiophilereview.com/audiophile-news/what-does-master-quality-mean-to-me-or-you.html

It's pretty much a nothing blog piece that says nothing other than "let's just enjoy the music". Not really about MQA. Waste of a web page.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

1 hour ago, christopher3393 said:

It is interesting that the pro MQA posters who behaved poorly are frequently named and criticized, while those against MQA who behaved poorly are seldom if ever named and the criticisms are vague and brief ---one could say "minimized". Wouldn't it be an interesting experiment to name some of our own shortcomings in this thread, to own them? Who are these few bad apples and how bad were they really? Certainly not nearly as bad as the Shills of Audiophiledom!

Thank God there is no hypocrisy among our good membership or one might think there is a social media ethics problem of some sort here. And what on earth is Mr. Connaker on about in claiming there is a problem with so-called "civilty" on the forum, enough so that changes are proposed because of a few very vocal members. Surely not on the paragonal MQA thread!

After all, the OP has made clear numerous times that he does not see the "problem" as a problem. And one or two have made clear that they have no issue with banned members returning in disguise, like Anonymous, becaused they were chased off by snitches and civility police. TOS be damned, it is the right thing to do for a higher cause!

"AT EVERY DOORWAY before you enter, you should look around, you should take a good look around— for you never know where your enemies might be seated within."  --- Havamal

Happy New Year, gentlemen.

how have those who call out MQA "behaved badly"? In your opinion? Who cares what you think.

Lying, ignoring facts, contesting verified scientific data, and disingenuous contact only deserves smash mouth responses. 

If you don't like it, tough. 

Getting this back on track. One has to wonder why the posts about Bob Stuart and Peter Craven in the last few days. 

MQA is not making headway in the market. How do you listen to MQA files five years after the splashy introduction? In my case Tidal and a few download sites. I certainly will question why the press gave it so much attention. Raising a good question about the real influence of the audio press. Should be a good way to start the new year.

1 hour ago, Rt66indierock said:

I certainly will question why the press gave it so much attention. Raising a good question about the real influence of the audio press.

An assessment some will say is glass half empty:

Two threads were started on the same day at AS (then CA):

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/30381-mqa-is-vaporware

and

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/30376-a-novel-way-to-massively-improve-the-sq-of-computer-audio-streaming/

For all the good the first has done and will continue to do, the latter has more views and shows us that the Old Guard status quo still has the majority right where they want them.

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I’m currently on vacation, so will not go into detail. But, Bob’s points have all been debunked several times. I don’t believe people want to waste their own time to wack the mole in another location. 

In these days of releasing music to streaming services right after it’s created and the freedom of distribution afforded to artists, I’d bet the farm that the vast majority aren’t interested in another layer in the process (MQA) that nobody has asked for, other than MQA. 

Rhetorical question, if MQA Ltd stopped its push on all fronts, do you think the product would die? 

If yes, then there is no demand, no need, and no interest in MQA. 

If the product is that good, these advertorials wouldn’t be necessary every few months. 

or what if MQA were free. What if the company just said, "hey, we like music, we think it is important music is well presented, so we are open sourcing MQA for everyone to use freely.  Just so the world can benefit for our research."

They give up on profiting from it, and make it a gift to the world.  Then if no one wants it .............

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

2 hours ago, esldude said:

or what if MQA were free. What if the company just said, "hey, we like music, we think it is important music is well presented, so we are open sourcing MQA for everyone to use freely.  Just so the world can benefit for our research."

They give up on profiting from it, and make it a gift to the world.  Then if no one wants it .............

I’m all for making money from one’s product but it should be commensurate with the product’s value to customers. In this case it’s near zero and I’m not sure which side of zero. 

And yes, what if it was free and nobody wanted it. Wouldn’t surprise me. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png