IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

13 minutes ago, Miska said:

The signature could utilize the MD5 hash FLAC already supports, so it would be just matter of signing that hash with a private key to say that the data is authentic. This would be neat extension of the already supported functionality. Combining X.509 key infra and PKCS#7 would make the entire thing standard. I would be happy to implement verification for such.

With X.509, the FLAC metadata could already include public key in PEM format and it could be verified against the already known CA's.

Love it. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

6 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I wonder why Roon has included an old MQA recording from 2018 as part of its live radio streaming channels. All the other channels stream live radio. 

60259E9B-3089-49E0-8133-ED091CDA0436.png

F3C21337-027B-45FD-B508-7487E125B771.png

Roon spent the last couple of month’s requesting station suggestions from forum members so maybe it came from there. 

1 hour ago, yahooboy said:

Not really, You've got to remember where ROON came from (Meridian) there might be very positive feelings toward the former employee

Meridian was just a stop between the founding of Sooloos and the start of Roon. 

Strange in that the MQA piece has nothing to do with Roon Radio. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

17 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

17 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

When I asked about it the response was pretty much Nothing To See Here...

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/station-in-live-radio-is-a-recording-instead-of-a-live-stream/86335

2 hours ago, daverich4 said:

When I asked about it the response was pretty much Nothing To See Here...

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/station-in-live-radio-is-a-recording-instead-of-a-live-stream/86335

Wow. 

Also, one doesn't have to search for it to find it. I browsed the Roon live stations and found it. 

It's actually quite prominent. 

Live Radio > Music (the first category) > Avant-garde (also the first category within music) > and it's right there. 

1 minute ago, yahooboy said:

Well they seem very defendant regarding MQA, had writings back and forth with them on several occasions.

They either don't understand MQA (highly unlikely) or they are so much in bed with MQA that they have to/or feel they have to market a scam (probably a part of the contract.)

They won't enable a sorting of MQA and non MQA files. They are deleting posts on their site that badmouths MQA, in general they do not like anyone questioning MQA

I certainly hear you about that stuff. 

I've tried to remove MQA material from my searches, but it's not possible.

It's possible to filter out MQA albums in one's library, but that's only after one's been infected :~)

1 hour ago, daverich4 said:

There are lots of anti MQA posts in the Roon forums including long threads with @Danny (Roon COO) going toe to toe with the anti MQA members there. I have no knowledge if some individual posts are being deleted but @Danny would have the authority to remove posts and as far as I can tell, doesn’t generally seem to have the policy of doing so. 

Well I've noticed quite a few threads (mentioning MQA) that seem strangely incoherent, as if several posts are missing......

18 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

thing to do is for each user to contact Roon Galactic Central and ask them how to exclude MQA from your searches

if thousands ask it may wake them up

I can't find the thread I started about this but here is one:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/prefer-tidal-flac-over-mqa-option/61904

crickets from Roon...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

18 hours ago, Archimago said:

Yeah, too many coincidences and tendencies in the way Roon behaves towards MQA to there not be at least relatively strong good will...

Good will indeed  - quoting Roon's COO Danny from (https://community.roonlabs.com/t/provenance-and-mqa/83875):

"...Bob Stuart is trying to improve this world end-to-end with his vision of the solution..."

"{referencing Bob Stuart}I can’t think of a more patient and persistent man to get it done..."

Clearly, there is a strong (mentor?) relationship between Bob and Danny.  I wonder who is conning who in it...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

Probably very old news but Roon and Meridian have a shared history. 

Of course Meridian, Roon, MQA (former tidal people have joined MQA) are all scratching eachothers back. 

Roon Labs co-founder, Enno Vandermeer, previously co-founded music management interface Sooloos, which was established in New York in 2001 and subsequently acquired by Meridian.  Roon Labs was spun out of Meridian in February 2015.

Meridian Audio Ltd. announced at 4pm December 5 that it had acquired media server manufacturer Sooloos LLC. "Basically, it comes from [Meridian founder] Bob Stuart's appreciation of great industrial design and innovative technologies," said Meridian's Chief Marketing Officer Graeme Taylor. "That combination is what Meridian has always attempted to offer and when Bob saw Sooloos' products, he realized that Peter Wellikoff [COO], Enno Vandermeer [CEO], and Danny Dulai [CTO] shared those values. Over time, it became obvious that, between what we shared and what we each could offer each other, the acquisition made tremendous sense."

We are into the first week of December.  MQA Ltd posted in their financial statement that even though them are running out of operating capital, they were still a "Going Concern" because they were expecting to secure further funding by the end of November.

Have they in fact secured further funding?  I don't see anything posted about further stock issuance.

I will breathe a sigh of relief when the specter of MQA no longer hangs over the music consumer.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

28 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Wait until they get a compressed lossy amount of money and turn it into billions by unfolding the dollar bills. 

So when you deblur millions you get billions?

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality.