Rt66indierock

MQA is Vaporware

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, Kal Rubinson said:

That's not so difficult.  OTOH, flying out of Denver has presented real problems in the past. 😉

To paraphrase Rick James, "sighted listening is a helluva drug".

4 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

the Denver airport is not in Denver, hence the name KIA

Want to know a secret?  I wasn’t at the Denver airport. I was at Centennial. But no one knows where that is. 

second Denver International is KDEN

Third, KKIA is not an airport I can find in the US. 

No electron left behind...

I know where Centennial, Wy is...

The new Denver airport was a huge candal and apparently a LOT of payoffs, corruption etc. was involved in its siting - certain developers made out big time.

KIA is a joking name/ID for it.

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

-- Bruce Rozenblit of Transcendent Sound

2 hours ago, esldude said:

Did you get NDA's to protect your troublesome anonymity?  :)

I think I'm pretty safe with these guys... Hell, if MQA is afraid to present with @Rt66indierockin the audience, I got nothing to worry about :-).

No kidding getting out of Denver is hard. My flight has been delayed 2 hours already.

Archimago's Musings... A "more objective" audiophile blog.

30 minutes ago, Archimago said:

I think I'm pretty safe with these guys... Hell, if MQA is afraid to present with @Rt66indierockin the audience, I got nothing to worry about :-).

No kidding getting out of Denver is hard. My flight has been delayed 2 hours already.

There always seems to be problems leaving Denver some humorous some not.

10 hours ago, FredericV said:

... absurd third unfold...

It is not absurd.  I found the third unfold myself recently.

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

2 hours ago, FredericV said:

Even worse, if you kill all the data required for the lossy hi-res part (the data required for the first unfold, to either 88.2 or 96 Khz sample rate), the DAC will still make you believe it unfolds to 352.8K as done in my experiments:

I believe the authentication flag resides inside the first 16 bit data, probably the MSB, if someone can change that, sample rates display on a MQA DAC can be altered🤣

Just now, guymrob said:

I believe the authentication flag resides inside the first 16 bit data, probably the MSB, if someone can change that, sample rates display on a MQA DAC can be altered🤣

The sample rate info is in the 16th bit from the top, that is the LSB of a 16-bit file. It is covered by the authentication, so any alteration would make that check fail. Faking the signature isn't possible.

I wonder how many guys at NSA have broken the encryption on their lunch hour yet?

No commercial algorithms are secure.

No algorithms are secure for long...

36 minutes ago, mansr said:

None, I hope. The algorithms they use (BLAKE2s and RSA) are regarded as secure.

RSA has been hacked many times. Here is one - https://www.darkreading.com/attacks-breaches/china-hacked-rsa-us-official-says/d/d-id/1137409

Blake2 not yet from a small query.

Current:  JRiver 24 on Win 10 PC (AMD Ryzen 5 2600 with 32 GB RAM) or Daphile on an I5-2500K with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Audio Research SP-16

Amplification - Kenwood L-07M Monoblocks

Speakers: Wharfedale Linton Heritage

Cables: MIT speaker cables and DiMarzio Interconnects

3 minutes ago, mansr said:

That article is about an attack on the SecurID token generator sold by the company confusingly called RSA. It has nothing to do with the RSA public-key encryption algorithm.

There has been hacks on RSA (short keys but still). With Quantum computing, it has been stated that RSA will be useless.

Current:  JRiver 24 on Win 10 PC (AMD Ryzen 5 2600 with 32 GB RAM) or Daphile on an I5-2500K with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Audio Research SP-16

Amplification - Kenwood L-07M Monoblocks

Speakers: Wharfedale Linton Heritage

Cables: MIT speaker cables and DiMarzio Interconnects

12 minutes ago, botrytis said:

There has been hacks on RSA (short keys but still).

Anything more efficient than brute force?

12 minutes ago, botrytis said:

With Quantum computing, it has been stated that RSA will be useless.

Quantum computing isn't anywhere close to being useful.