IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

6 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

With respect to accommodation pricing etc... I wrote a damn big check and one of the reasons I did it was to improve what I report to this community. The better my system, the better information I can provide. Don’t get me wrong, I’m an audiophile who has always wanted such a system for my own enjoyment as well, but some people would be surprised at how many hours I spent talking to people about which products are best for me to purchase to improve what I can provide this community. 

I think this community can easily see I have a track record here for all to read, am very transparent, and put them before anyone/anything else. Without the members of this community, there would be no advertisers and no site. This community is incredibly smart. If I tried to pull the stuff the old guard pulls, they’d call me out immediately. Plus, pulling that crap can’t make one feel personally satisfied inside. 

Enough about me. This community isn’t about me. I don’t want or need to be the center of attention. 

No need to apologize. 

The old guard do it because they feel entitled to do so.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

On 8/24/2019 at 5:13 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Remember, there’s no way judge complete formats. What tracks did you listen to?

also, remember that some MQA sounds far different from those who worked on the album say it should sound. If you like a flavor other than what the artist intended that’s totally OK. But, we shouldn’t mandate a flavor for everyone and that’s what MQA does.

Here we go, a guy likes the sounds and we have you lot pointing out why he shouldn't. Thought police.

There's only one way to listen to music, and it's guess what...MQA shouldn't instruct, we should.

Artist intended? Really?

I guess this makes me a "shill" rather than someone with a difference of opinion. 

I have a lifetimes worth of non MQA files, artists will release non MQA files, my DAC will see me out. Sorry I don't share your paranoia, get out more.

8 minutes ago, tmtomh said:

Just as it is harmful to proper discussion for folks to obsess over motives and alleged corruption, I think it is harmful to proper discussion to side-step the clear technical questions about MQA. If you want the specific line of criticism of the "old guard"/establishment audiophile press to stop, you're going to have to stop that side-stepping.

The more this drags on I wonder if the side-stepping is unconscious, they may be incapable of interacting on a technical level.  The saying "book smart, common sense dumb" comes to mind.

Jim

3 minutes ago, KeenObserver said:

Misdirection.

The bottom line is that the business model of MQA is to be the company controlling music distribution.

Fixed it for you. There is no 'body', like the USB consortium. There is only MQA.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects