IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Find an expert on anything for a trial and I’ll find one who will say the opposite. Court system is a joke with respect to this. i.e. O.J. Simpson

The jury actually did an excellent job evaluating all the testimony in that trial. I had the strong opinion he would be acquitted after the first 4 prosecution witnesses.

But that's a topic for another day...

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

2 hours ago, esldude said:

Another one of those loopholes in regard to authentication is what if an artist heard the result and said, "I don't like what MQA does, no approval from me". 

When artists signed away ownership of their masters to the label, or otherwise licensed the masters to the label, the artist's "approval" of a release is implicit.

mQa is dead!

1 hour ago, Arken said:

I couldn't take it any longer i had to see what all the fuss is about. So i went out and got myself a cheap Mqa dac capable of unfolding Mqa files. More specifically a Pioject S2. So i get it all hooked up last night . Not knowing what to expect  i turn on Tidal, get all the settings right and turn it on to find out that it sounds really good. Dammit, i mean really good. I'm feeling guilty. Ive been told by people a a lot smarter than me that it's all bullshit. I am going to do some more listening this weekend. I have it hooked in a way where i can go back and forth between my Lks 004 and the Project S2. I am going to hate this thing if it kills me lol  

With or without MQA the S2 measures vey well. And don’t forget to take into account MQA tracks are louder generally.

11 hours ago, KeenObserver said:

Anyone have a Doctorate in Ethics?

In Biochemistry - Ethics is one topic that is covered. I do have a PhD in Fungal Biochemistry.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects