IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, bambadoo said:

For lousy 18USD you can have a tag guaranteeing lesser quality of your album. 

https://distrokid.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360059827614-How-I-Can-get-the-MASTER-badge-on-TIDAL

Deal of the century

Wow. 

Your masters will then be verified and encoded so your tracks will display the “MASTER” badge on TIDAL.

Verified? That’s a new one. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Just now, mfsoa said:

Distrokid doesn't even mention MQA. You'd think that if there was an MQA conversion involved that they would mention it. Is MQA sufficiently toxic now that you can't mention it even if you are selling it?

Not mentioning it makes it harder to Google and see the info about it. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, new_media said:

Is Roon's identification of MQA based solely on a flag? It does identify tracks as MQA even though they don't have the "Master" label on Tidal.

I believe so.

54 minutes ago, new_media said:

I see that my account was automatically upgraded to HiFi Plus. If they do indeed have lossless CD-quality streams in the HiFi tier, will I have to downgrade to access them?

I believe so.