IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

Nice to see Arcams Amps with bullt in ESS chipset DAC’s give you the ability to sound like MQA without having to buy into the proprietary design, looks like the bottle is emptying of their special sauce 😉

“Apodizing (SA20 default) – A compromise between phase, frequency response and ringing. Its main advantage is that it removes most of the ringing
that has been introduced upstream in the recording process when the original material was recorded and mastered.”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, FredericV said:

and deny having a commercial interest:

image.png.ba1fa77a5d0c3694429b96a2a23c7145.png

But they are all over you like a rash when you query their beliefs it’s like a religion, they even stalk you on other Facebook groups diluting threads it’s pretty creepy to be honest 

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

"Promises was officially released a few days ago so I streamed it on both Qobuz and Tidal, where it’s available on both services as 44.1kHz/24 bit FLAC streams. Firstly, having acclimated to the vinyl, hearing either stream was disappointing, but especially the Qobuz stream. Often (but not always), the Qobuz stream bests the Tidal stream when Tidal isn’t an MQA file but this time the Tidal stream was fuller, sweeter and more expansive, like the vinyl, but still not quite as “wall-to-wall” or enveloping. If “digital is digital”, what happened? Whatever it was, get the vinyl!"

More utter nonsense from Stereophile's 75 year old fossils. Qobuz only wins when the Master Quack lossy, distorted special sauce isn't applied. What a hoot.

https://www.analogplanet.com/content/floating-points-pharoah-sanders-lso-offer-promises-they-keep

My god it’ll be the same source file on both if it hasn’t been “quacked” jeez stop the world I need to get off 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, robi20064 said:

There is some pricing information up on the AUS site now.

https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-au/articles/115003662825-Subscription-Types

• Premium - $11.99 AUD a month with standard sound quality (320 Kbps)
    • HiFi - $17.99 AUD a month with lossless High Fidelity sound quality (1411 Kbps)
    • HiFi Plus - $23.99 AUD a month with lossless High Fidelity sound quality (1411 Kbps), Master Quality audio (up to 9216 Kbps), and immersive audio - 360 Reality Audio, Dolby Atmos Music
    • Family Premium - $17.99 AUD a month including up to 5 additional family members totaling 6 on the account. Standard sound quality (320 Kbps)
  • Family HiFi - $26.99 AUD a month including up to 5 additional family members totaling 6 on the account. Lossless High Fidelity sound quality (1411 Kbps)
  • Family HiFi Plus - $35.99 AUD a month including up to 5 additional family members totaling 6 on the account. Lossless High Fidelity sound quality (1411 Kbps), Master Quality audio (up to 9216 Kbps), and immersive audio - 360 Reality Audio, Dolby Atmos Music

Very confusing as I have just been given this screen shot is Tidal also going to give us 24bit lossless PCM in the options 

67A72490-726A-4280-A355-55CF1369E0B3.jpeg

18 minutes ago, GoldenOne said:

I can't imagine that this price model adjustment will change anything regarding the actual files that are being streamed. But once it's out here in the UK i'll test it

It seems Tidal has gone into meltdown, if they are going to offer 24bit PCM too in the hifi plus package this could be the end of MQA's reign 

26 minutes ago, Currawong said:

Report them to the Department of Fair Trading for false advertising. Australian regulations are very strict.  Totally serious about this: If you want to do more than just make noise about this on forums, write out a careful, but detailed complaint with screenshots. They've already removed the word "lossless" from their MQA info, which suggests they anticipated that they couldn't legally advertise it that way.

Speaking to a few contacts behind the scenes today it seems it’s just marketing errors (good try though)  and it’s going to be changed, Tidal are not going to deliver PCM 24bit Hi Res, the Uk advertising standards agency would have fun with it too 

8 minutes ago, KeenObserver said:

MQA is (like) a religion. You cannot question it and must accept it on faith alone. You have to continually repeat the mantra "It sounds better" until you actually believe it.

If you repeat the marketing enough people will believe and follow

2 hours ago, firedog said:

Agree. But my guess is the CD tier will continue to stream "MQA-CD" as it does now. That will probably just help Qobuz ,Deezer, and Spotify CD tier a bit.

I agree they would need to put back all the PCM files that were stripped away with MQA versions for starters, but seen as the MQA ethos is one file for all I cannot see it unless they are having second thoughts about MQA 

15 minutes ago, Thuaveta said:

So we've got three people with fingers deep in the MQA pot (Chris Horton, a representative for a major shareholder, the fracking CEO of MQA Ltd, a strategic advisor to the only (western ? haven't been following the China debacle(s)) streaming service that uses MQA, an employee of a company with tight historical and current links to the principals at MQA Ltd), one that isn't, and your conclusion is that @The Computer Audiophile is unfairly calling the panel an infomercial, because there's one person on it that is clearly extraordinarily competent and likely still has a shred of integrity left.

Yes I see it as round the Calvary up and create a wall around MQA  I hope they allow Q and A sessions for registered participants as it’s going to be a pretty one sided affair if not