IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

13 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I removed posts about content from the 13/14 year old writer. I draw the line at talking about him or critiquing his work. 

It’s tough enough to have thick skin as an adult and I won’t go down the road of forcing a kid to go through it. 

I understand your position, but far too politically correct.

Regardless of age, he is putting his work out in public and being paid for it. Young actors, athletes, and musicians routinely have their performances harshly critiqued in the media. it's call life.

But I respect your decision.

11 hours ago, firedog said:

I don't think there is literally a conspiracy. I think it's an example of group think and bias among a certain population with lots of similarities among the members, and lots of known reasons and also expectation bias type reasons to like MQA. 

con-spiracy:  "with" - "spirit"

The "literal", explicit agreement is not necessary and in fact most con-spiracies don't have such neat and tidy "literal" agreements.  The conspiracy of Old Guard audiophiledom existed long before MQA.  MQA is not the object of a conspiracy, it is an expression of one that existed before and and will continue to exist after it is dead...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

5 hours ago, Em2016 said:

https://www.mqa.co.uk/customer/news/post/mqa-at-munich-high-end-2019

I forgot Arcam is now part of Harman... and Harman itself is part of Samsung...

Bob probably dreams every night of MQA being on all Samsung devices.

would it make my robot vac quieter?

or maybe MQA could unfold the dirt and make it into origami with the dog hair wrapped around it in a nice little package - we could sell them as dog hari

18 hours ago, Rt66indierock said:

As for the magazines don't you find it entertaining they promote hi-res and their reviewers don't have amps quiet enough to resolve CD quality files?

Actually, what I find entertaining is your reluctance to answer a pretty straightforward question. I think the question is on topic to this thread because a common theme running through the last 579 pages is that members of the mainstream audio press are shills and lackeys for the manufacturers. As the OP,  I think it's important to know your take on the subject. With that in mind, I'll ask again...

“Is there ever an equipment review, interview, or technical article in Stereophile or TAS that you find informative or entertaining?”

20 hours ago, Em2016 said:

https://www.mqa.co.uk/customer/news/post/mqa-at-munich-high-end-2019

I forgot Arcam is now part of Harman... and Harman itself is part of Samsung...

Bob probably dreams every night of MQA being on all Samsung devices.

This link also mentions Lexicon. Is this Lexicon as in the studio-gear company? Or is this something different?

MQA still has zero uptake in the studio-market. Outside of Mytek - which is fairly niche - none of the established studio ADC/DAC-vendors offers MQA. And judging from sentiment at this years Musikmesse they won't even touch it with a stick.

2 minutes ago, mcgillroy said:

Is Andreas Koch still with EMM?

Nope, he's mainly with Playback Designs now. I think he still does some consultation with Nagra too.

2 minutes ago, mcgillroy said:

But even if not I didn't expect Meitner to go there.

Me too. Probably like PS Audio, they're not for MQA, but gave it to their customers that asked. Apparently there is more demand than seen on forums (like requests via direct email and phone calls...)

16 minutes ago, mcgillroy said:

Outside of Mytek - which is fairly niche - none of the established studio ADC/DAC-vendors offers MQA.

dCS have a long history in ADC's and DAC's too and their current DACs support MQA in some capacity...

2 hours ago, Em2016 said:

dCS have a long history in ADC's and DAC's too and their current DACs support MQA in some capacity...

dCS has zero footprint in recording studios, same for mastering-studios. There maybe a handful of the latter but those are exceptions proving the rule.

7 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I’m about 45 minutes into the Munich High End show and a major manufacturer already tracked me down to thank me for the RMAF presentation. 

Was very nice to hear. 

Obviously manufacturers, software providers, and other aspects of this industry are unhappy with Bob Stuart and his trade publication writer co-conspirators upsetting the  applecart with MQA.  It's simply a bridge too far - a fraud too easily seen through.

However, they have done very very little to change the direction this applecart is going.  They are utterly dependent upon the audiophile trade publication/marketing machine.

Are any more of them (besides the usual suspects like Schiit, etc.) willing to step out and call a "unicorn encoding" what it is?

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!