IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

P.S. There are companies who don’t care about losing tens of millions of dollars. I’ve just never seen one in such a mundane industry. Usually this happens when there is an upside for those losing the money such as rich guys paying to finance films so they can hang with the stars. 

That's probably the case here.  Meridian/MQA is an intentional accounting/tax loss for the holding company, Bob S's family members, etc.

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

Attributing hysteria (or some other debilitating emotion) to your opponent in a debate has been going on for thousands of years.  It's called ad homiem.

ad homiem is a fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.

Barrowboy is representative however of a kind of strange loyalty that is quite common among audiophiles.  It comes back to your point about Audiophiledom being in large part about consumerism, and wanting to feel good about your purchases.  Who knows how much he has spent on Meridian and MQA...

edit:  above in response to @Samuel T Cogley

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

47 minutes ago, firedog said:

You are now one of the select few on my ignore list

What is it with the ignore list? Should I be offended in some way?

It really wasn't ironic, because Meridian can't make money doesn't mean an installer using their product can't. I don't get how that follows. Maybe I'm being literal. The fact that the school yard gang agree with Chris (owner), we'll I must be wrong then...

1 minute ago, Tintinabulum said:

What is it with the ignore list? Should I be offended in some way?

It really wasn't ironic, because Meridian can't make money doesn't mean an installer using their product can't. I don't get how that follows. Maybe I'm being literal. The fact that the school yard gang agree with Chris (owner), we'll I must be wrong then...

Good faith question: Do you see your activity in this thread as somehow more honorable or less dubious than that "school yard gang"?

1 minute ago, Tintinabulum said:

I think you need to look the word up, unless it means a different thing in the US.

You are assuming incorrectly that the people disagreeing with you are all American. 

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

6 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

So all this talk about HiFi and Meridian speakers was useless?

I think you need a little context there, each comment has a point or is a response to another comment. OK I did slip hifi in, more to point out that that's what this site principally discusses...