IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

3 hours ago, Tintinabulum said:

Wow, massive leap, could be anything else could it? Like he's no good at making money (good at hifi though) The MQA hate just goes on....

Meridian has produced excellent hifi, I've listened to a lot over the last last 30/40  years, excellent gear, still sounding excellent as well. I have gear I bought in 89, still sounding ... goes what ... excellent.

Not a massive leap an argument Bob Stuart isn't the right person to listen to in this millennium about digital formats. 

You keep saying Meridian has produced excellent hifi, but why has turnover declined in United States 50% since 2001. 

13 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

Not a massive leap an argument Bob Stuart isn't the right person to listen to in this millennium about digital formats. 

You keep saying Meridian has produced excellent hifi, but why has turnover declined in United States 50% since 2001. 

The joke around NY Metro dealers concerning Meridian is that they were the world's most expensive paperweights. They literally could not give it away.

50 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

Meridian certainly had some great ideas and was an early mover on digital.

... I keep wondering if someone won't write a similar stmt. to the above on a car forum about Tesla in a couple of decades...

As a car company, try a couple of years, give or take.  That said, Tesla and Musk are as much investor phenomena and hype as much as anything - not that this is merely ephemeral, just look at their valuation.   Tesla will be a widget company, or perhaps a finance company well before "decades" is up.

Barrowboy, why don't you detail for us your relationship with Meridian?

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

7 hours ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

I could go on. 

You do... As I said , there may be dozens of reasons Meridian don't make money, most of which are irrelevant to the conversation (such as it is). As a small aside, the assumption is made that all businesses are there to make money, that's not always the case.

4 hours ago, Rt66indierock said:

Not the subject of the conversation.

4 hours ago, Rt66indierock said:

You keep saying Meridian has produced excellent hifi, but why has turnover declined in United States 50% since 2001

Dozens of reasons possible, being overpriced, poor marketing, where to start? Certainly not by assuming the product is crap, it's excellent.

4 hours ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

The joke around NY Metro dealers concerning Meridian is that they were the world's most expensive paperweights. They literally could not give it away.

OK, look up the word literally.

Nearly the most ridiculous comment made but I presume it's just bait...

Bring back CA.

2 hours ago, crenca said:

Barrowboy, why don't you detail for us your relationship with Meridian?

Longstanding customer? My comments are more about the English language though and people attacking a company for the wrong reasons (plenty of right ones). But the bile on display here... Bring back CA...