IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

3 minutes ago, Hugo9000 said:

I hope he receives exactly the same rapt attention and courtesy as he himself gave at a presentation where he was merely an attendee.

We can only hope, but why should real logical people stoop to the same childless mentally that was shown at Chris's presentation.  I think we are better than that, no I know we are better than that.

The Truth Is Out There

16 minutes ago, mav52 said:

We can only hope, but why should real logical people stoop to the same childless mentally that was shown at Chris's presentation.  I think we are better than that, no I know we are better than that.

Oh, I don't think it will happen, nor would I succumb to temptation were I to attend.

But then, perhaps random Tidal users or the general public will show up in protest, after all the money and influence spent getting awareness out there for MQA.  Misspelled signs and chanting of slogans should be expected during revolutions and the birthing of a new world order, unless MQA is indeed nothing more than vaporware.  

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子

48 minutes ago, crenca said:

Does not surprise me a bit.  In a small niche industry the "in crowd" decided to support MQA.  Most went along because they thought they had to - who are they to buck the "in crowd"?  They are wrong about the importance and leverage of the "in crowd" and this just needed to be shown.  Through the consumer forums (led by this one and this tread) the substance of MQA in particular and the "in crowd" in general has been revealed to be what it is:  opinionated elitists who think they know what's best for the majority of the industry.  Now, their technically ignorant underbelly has been exposed for what it is.  Of course the majority are grateful, if still somewhat cuckold to the "in crowd"...

I think you’re wrong about the “importance and leverage” of this thread and the posters to it. MQA may or may not be successful but it won’t be determined because of one single word posted here. 

6 minutes ago, Indydan said:

"OMG, it's music" is the first thing I wrote down in this room. "So much of what I've missed at this show is here." 

JVS once again proclaiming his enthusiasm for MQA...

https://www.stereophile.com/content/vtl-s-400-series-ii-reference-amp-stenheim-alumine-five-speakers-dcs-rossini-player-nordost

Wow.....septuagenarians proclaiming a lossy format is true musical ecstasy. How did we live without it?

17 hours ago, rickca said:

No live stream of the birth of a new world?  I wonder whether Mike Jbara's session was well attended by people without a stake in the success of MQA.

Where is there a passionate defense of MQA from a company that has implemented it?  dCS or Berkeley Audio?  

A couple people stopped me in the hall to tell me about it. Hopefully they’ll post here. 

There was a fiery discussion today I was told. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

19 hours ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

Is there any anti MQA you don't "Disagree" with? Do you have anti MQA alert app?

I wasn’t posting for or against MQA, I was just pointing out that I don’t think the people raging against MQA on this forum are going to affect it’s success or failure one way or another.