IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

It certainly can. I just finished editing a 38,000 word paper on civil asset forfeiture starting with the 'All Writs' act and it's contribution to the U.S. revolutionary war to current times.

There are 208 citations. Some are complete works and then broken down and responded to. It's called direct quotation.

Word of advice: Don't get pulled over by the Police. If you even have $600 in cash they can simply take it away and you need to somehow prove it's not illicit.

This sure is hard to follow. The All Writs Act is relevant to Fair Use law?????

I'm not aware of any archive with a copy.

Now I'm certain copyright was just the hammer they used to have it taken down. If he's praised the piece, I don't think they would have cared nearly as much.

You really do like to make things up. The "hammer". That sounds so ominous. The Big guy taking on the Little guy.

Of course, your story telling has no basis in reality but what fun would that be. Ask Archimago why he took the post down and get back to me.

If I lived on planet Archimago, I would agree with that re-telling of reality.

I read it before you censored it. The only re-telling here is yours.

You believe Fair Use allows for a complete re-print?

Depending on context, it can. US copyright law is quite clear on that.

You really do like to make things up. The "hammer". That sounds so ominous. The Big guy taking on the Little guy.

Of course, your story telling has no basis in reality but what fun would that be. Ask Archimago why he took the post down and get back to me.

These are his words from a later post:

I see that Blogger took down my April 1st post on "USB Audio Gremlins" and the FUD they're perpetuating referring to my take on the iFi sponsored post on AudioStream yet again despite changes I made to not directly quote much from the ridiculous article..
It means an advertisement masquerading as a regular article. Why does it matter to this discussion?

Because it's not true. It is intentionally misleading along with most of your current "inquiry".

Here's a hint - you are talking to the person who actually knows what happened. Sure, you can pretend everything I say is a lie, but I know better.

But please, don't let me interrupt the entertainment.

The silence is deafening. Come on guys, I'd really like to hear what happened. It's like not seeing the end of the movie.

What happened: Archimago copy and pasted the entire contents of a post on AudioStream for use on his site. It was taken down.

The rest of this back and forth is about two people who want to pretend that a) this is just fine, and b) I'm the bad guy in this scenario.

The end of this movie will be these two guys moving the conversation to some other evil, dastardly deal I've done. I'll respond and correct their misinformation and this will go on forever until we all die.

On second thought, I'm going to go have a beer.

What happened: Archimago copy and pasted the entire contents of a post on AudioStream for use on his site. It was taken down.

The rest of this back and forth is about two people who want to pretend that a) this is just fine, and b) I'm the bad guy in this scenario.

Not at all. If work isn't properly attributed you are 100% within your rights to have it removed.

I could have guessed that. I wasted all that time for this? That was a really bad movie.

Because it's not true. It is intentionally misleading along with most of your current "inquiry".

Here's a hint - you are talking to the person who actually knows what happened. Sure, you can pretend everything I say is a lie, but I know better.

But please, don't let me interrupt the entertainment.

If that article wasn't a paid advert, then you really are an industry shill.

As an example I'll point out that Ethan Winer went after Audioholics and started with DMCA take down requests of 2 of their YouTube channel videos.

The instant result was the videos challenged were immediately taken down. No questions, no rebuttal, no such thing as any mediation or other due process.

Gene DellaSala had to get his Attorney ($$) involved just to get the videos restored.

A few take away's:

1. It costs nothing for some one to file a complaint. Frivolous or otherwise.

2. It's three strikes and you're out at YouTube.

3. It costs money to even defend against the most merit-less of claims.

I wish take down requests would initially be fee based and you only get the fee back if your take down is upheld. If you use the system repeatedly the fee would increment.