IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

2 minutes ago, ARQuint said:

Then you should continue to debunk them. But as you said at the outset of your presentation, this isn't about killing puppies. It also, obviously, doesn't rise to the level of Holocaust denial or even climate change denial or anti-vaccination BS, so there's no moral imperative to shut down those who disagree with attacks on their morality, ethics, brainpower, or their suitability to live in society—in our case, the community of audiophiles. The MQA contingent came to the seminar as if you had accused them of killing puppies. I feel that AS— your brand—should not let tone overwhelm substance.

This is beginning to sound like righteous indignation on my part. So I'll stop for now. I can hear the cheering all the way from Philadelphia!

Andrew

WOW!  Just WOW!

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

On 2/11/2019 at 10:12 PM, ARQuint said:

OMG.

I hear it too!

Read the last 4 or 5 of his posts. If its not him, it's  as pitch-perfect an imitation as I could have imagined possible—and I'm full of admiration

Are you sure you're not Lee Scoggins?

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

2 minutes ago, Paul R said:

I did not read it like that. Seemed to me there is still a lot of trauma from RMAF, and he was trying to address what he sees as an important point. Which is in fact an important point. Do you think that things would have gone better if the table pounding had not happened and the facts in Chris' presentation had been calmly addressed by the pro MQA team? Whether or not those facts were resolved, proved true, explained, or proven false? 

Sometimes you have to give people a second chance. Or even a 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, or 999th chance. . 

I don't think the trauma is what you think it is.  The trauma is that the true nature of an organization came out.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

I think that is the bottom line.  People on AS and similar sights are looking for quality music.  And we think of ourselves as a large group.  However,  we are a small percentage of the music consuming public.  The majority of the music consuming public have no idea.  Someone comes up with something like MQA and they go: "Ya, OK".  They don't even realize that they are being screwed.  And Lee Scoggins appears to know what he is talking about, to them.  Sad.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

The majors were happy to take our money when they sold us millions and millions of CD's, that were advertised as "perfect sound forever".  However, the concept of "perfect sound forever" is anathema to the majors.  They always want us to believe that there is something better out there.

MQA is crippled for a reason.  In the future you can always hold out the carrot and say: " we have something better".

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

8 minutes ago, Lee Scoggins said:

I'm not sure that MQA needs consumers to see the light so much as being a part of the automotive OS so they can get paid a little bit on each car.  If the numbers are right, that could be a substantial revenue stream for MQA.

I think mobile is going to be huge too.  Mobile perhaps represents the long game for MQA as the file sizes are more of an issue there.

A substantial revenue stream for MQA that is paid for by the music consumer, and provides no benefit for the consumer.  In fact, it is a detriment.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

1 hour ago, ddetaey said:

You have a number of supporters on personal level here on the forum.

But honestly , if you are going to make a technical link between MQA and Voip and Videoconferencing, you really are undermining yourself at the technical level.

Have you started a personal competition with Lee Scoggings?

Dirk

It appears that Lee and Paul are tag teaming.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook