IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

4 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

MQA is an interesting study of audio politics, pre announcement strategies against determined opposition. 

And only the foolish assume the fight is just here. 

You’ve always talked like there is other action but refused to say what it is. It’s time to show your cards. Pics our it isn’t happening. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

5 minutes ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

Clearly NO customer asked for MQA because the "Mach 1" version of this brick came to market with MQA, and this company had no other digital products.

Not sure which logic class teaches that method of reasoning. 

Clearly when bringing a product to market, manufacturers consult their dealers and distributors for feedback. Intern, these guys provide feedback based on market demand, not based on a technological assessment of available options. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

5 minutes ago, wdw said:

And they do it like only MQA can. Anonymous authors, and attaching marketing press releases to bands / artists. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 6.00.00 PM.png

5 minutes ago, ARQuint said:

Gimme a break, guys.

At the top of the magazine's home page, between "Equipment Reports" and "Show Reports" is a content category called "News" that consists largely of press releases from audio manufacturers and others with skin in the game, including a lot of record labels. You can tell because every one begins with the words "The following is a press release issued by…" It's obviously marketing, the magazine exhibiting support for the ecosystem we are part of. Please scroll down through the category: Naim, Reference Recordings, Quboz , Yarlung, McIntosh, Thorens, German Physiks, Musical Surroundings, Wilson, KEF, Focal, Parasound, etc, etc, etc—the list goes on for 67 pages! All those announcements are credited to "TAS Staff." Is the magazine really "shilling" for all those hundreds of companies?

Chris himself once said in reference to an especially zealous zealot, "When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail." So it is for some people who view MQA as an evil beyond evil, and even a neutral presentation of an announcement from the company as some kind of ethical lapse. Like it or not, MQA is a part of this industry. TAS accepts their announcements without fear or favor, as we do everyone else's.

Andy Quint

TAS

My point was that it’s hard for MQA to get a name behind it now days, thus depending on anonymous press releases, and they must attach themselves to bands and even crises. Years ago RH would’ve written about something like this. 

Nothing wrong with press releases. As long as they benefit your readers, they should be happy. 

Not sure who this press release benefits other than MQA. 

7 minutes ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

"To recap, Master Quality Authenticated is an encoding and decoding technology that delivers true high-resolution audio in a file size that can be easily streamed. It is based in part on entirely new research into human hearing as well as on novel digital sampling techniques for natural signals developed for cutting-edge medical imaging and astronomy. MQA’s stated mission is to deliver studio-master sound quality to listeners in a convenient format that anyone can enjoy. Beyond its superior sound quality (even compared with high-bit-rate PCM).."

Wow, that's rich. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, KeenObserver said:

MQA seems to be the Creature That Wouldn't Die.

I don't blame Jbara and Stuart for milking the MQA money tree for all they can.  But does the money behind MQA Ltd really see a cash cow in the future?  Do they really think that they are going to ram MQA down the throats of the music consumer?

They probably hope to sell it to Dobly or the like, so it can be rebranded and used in areas Stuart and Jbara can’t penetrate. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Archimago said:

Hmmm, not much new on the MQA front.

I see they're releasing the MQA-enabled ESS low-power USB-C phone DACs now:

https://kawaraban.kibidango.com/?item=ztella&ui_medium=release&ui_source=kibidango&ui_campaign=ztella_c&fbclid=IwAR24Q8HAqkiuUM9byROclHkjwkEOcbW-qJ5tMiBKuzWCCzXx1V1w14VI9kE

Wonder how well those perform as a DAC...

Looks like a roughly $37 premium for the MQA version over the non MQA version.

$90 - NonMQA

$126.60 -MQA