IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

4 minutes ago, sandyk said:

A service like this from  Sony has the ability to take the wind right out of MQA's sails !

The Japanese are more known for their like of high res formats such as BluSpec , SHM etc. and NOT formats which degrade Audio.

As Chris said above, MQA CD’s were pretty much made for the Japanese market. How popular? Who knows.

And we don’t know if Mora Qualitas (MQ) will use MQA.

No mention of MQA so far but that doesn’t mean it can be ruled out.

2 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

As Chris said above, MQA CD’s were pretty much made for the Japanese market. How popular? Who knows.

Japanese Audiophiles are a pretty discerning lot, and will hopefully soon see right through MQA.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

18 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

“But we see the awareness of high-res audio growing here in the U.S. and Europe as well. Those markets are starting to follow. We’re prepared to go worldwide.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/why-sony-is-launching-a-hi-res-streaming-service-in-japan-767021/amp/

Right out of the high resolution playbook but as I've told Marc Finer (DEG)  and many at the labels. You will find high resolution audio a very hard sell. 

On 12/11/2018 at 2:39 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

No, but A&K says an 8 core CPU for what that's worth. It runs Android.

I've got a sharp chisel and hammer I'd be glad to loan you. That'll crack'er right open, no problem at all Chris.  )

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

On 12/10/2018 at 10:56 PM, sandyk said:

I have far better things to do with my time, such as further refining the capabilities of my system using well established and proven techniques .

Ah Ha, you're finally going to start measuring for the things you think you hear.

I'm proud of your progress.

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

1 hour ago, Sal1950 said:

Ah Ha, you're finally going to start measuring for the things you think you hear.

I'm proud of your progress.

I didn't say I was going to do some of the typically demanded measurements that have very little, if anything to do with how many components will sound.

The C.A. Borg Collective is still unable to measure why some USB cables sound better than others, despite there being NO Data errors. :P

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

6 hours ago, Don Hills said:

I look forward to you coming up with a measurement that shows why one USB cable sounds different than another one. If they really sound different, there must be a real difference between them. Real differences are measurable. 

Yea, but radical subjectivist sandyk, is he (and thus his "reports") measurable...only in a qualitative way - from same "reports".

None of this is on topic however.

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

10 hours ago, Don Hills said:

I look forward to you coming up with a measurement that shows why one USB cable sounds different than another one. If they really sound different, there must be a real difference between them. Real differences are measurable. 

As usual, the lazy keyboard warrior E.E. insists that non qualified people should take or obtain measurement that only qualified people with suitable test equipment should be obtaining, assuming that at his age he still remember how to do so ! :P

9 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

lazy keyboard warrior  is an apt term - but applies mostly to you and your ilk 

BTW, I realise that Archimago isn't a lazy keyboard warrior, but perhaps his time in this forum would be better spent posting REAL measurements that support the title of this thread ? 

3 minutes ago, tmtomh said:

He's done that.

Where in this thread ?

Incidentally, I don't know how this happened , but I just got the attached warning and had to bypass Norton's recommendation.

Unsafe..jpg

3 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

Here you go:

I said in THIS forum, where he IS a member, and in particular, THIS thread or another applicable C.A. thread.

6 minutes ago, sandyk said:

I said in THIS forum, where he IS a member, and in particular, THIS thread or another applicable C.A. thread.

Seriously? It was posted on CA but not on THIS THREAD so it’s not relevant? Kumakuma posted the link to it for you but that doesn’t count?  What if I cut and pasted it into a post so it was in THIS THREAD? Would that do it?

38 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

Did you even bother to click on the link?

Yes. I got a warning about it  being unsafe from Norton Security, which I posted a screen shot of, and decided not to go there again after the same thing happened a couple of times.

Obviously, you don't bother to read my replies or you would know that I did click on your link.

7 minutes ago, Mordikai said:

hmm.. just tried it and it worked fine.

Which proves nothing. Do YOU use Norton Security?

Are you doubting that the screenshot that I posted was genuine  ?