IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

Just now, mansr said:

Regurgitating the ad copy as usual. Did you expect anything else?

I read at the top that they are part of "The Trust Project" which states :

We guide our journalists to ask the following questions when double-checking information in a quest for the truth:

Is it technically accurate?

So, who is going to e-mail them about the inaccuracies ?

Regards,

Shadders.

1 minute ago, Shadders said:

I read at the top that they are part of "The Trust Project" which states :

We guide our journalists to ask the following questions when double-checking information in a quest for the truth:

Is it technically accurate?

So, who is going to e-mail them about the inaccuracies ?

That applies to their journalists (if they have any), not their industry shills.

6 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Hi,

May be of interest :

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/mqa-audio-what-it-how-can-you-get-it

States "This means hi-res audio streaming can (and has) become a reality, with songs being delivered exactly how they were recorded in the studio, without requiring huge amounts of bandwidth".

Regards,

Shadders.

Sorry I prefer the serious work Agitator did and Archimago reported on.

Just now, mansr said:

That applies to their journalists (if they have any), not their industry shills.

Hi mansr,

Joe Cox is one of the journalists, who published the article. The Trust Project states you can email them.

They are also closing down the forum on What Hifi.

Regards,

Shadders.

2 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

Sorry I prefer the serious work Agitator did and Archimago reported on.

Hi,

What Hifi have just been taken over by Future plc, so it seems that they have standards to meet.

The Trust Project (www.thetrustproject.org) is an international consortium of news organisations collaborating to create standards of transparency in journalism .......

It seems that other Hifi magazines do not adhere to this. Maybe if What Hifi were notified of the technical inaccuracies then they may change the story. I responded to them earlier before they were taken over by Future plc, and no response.

Regards,

Shadders.

Just now, Shadders said:

Hi,

What Hifi have just been taken over by Future plc, so it seems that they have standards to meet.

The Trust Project (www.thetrustproject.org) is an international consortium of news organisations collaborating to create standards of transparency in journalism .......

It seems that other Hifi magazines do not adhere to this. Maybe if What Hifi were notified of the technical inaccuracies then they may change the story. I responded to them earlier before they were taken over by Future plc, and no response.

Regards,

Shadders.

I know about the project but what is the point journalism is dead in the United States.

2 hours ago, Shadders said:

They did not care last time, but Future plc probably do, else the link stating they are part of the Trust Project would not be published.

It is a bit much is it not, that link right at the top and then a large page of marketing speak from MQA?  Not that we needed any more indication of the $voodoo$ nature of this confidence game industry...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

11 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:
On 8/4/2018 at 7:00 PM, John_Atkinson said:

Our traffic at stereophile.com this year peaked at 3,051,871 page views for the month of January.

Given that you turn every review into 3-5 pages online, I’d expect way more page views. 

I expect that is due to rt66indierock not posting as much to our site as he does to yours, Chris.

John Atkinson

Editor, Stereophile

Just now, John_Atkinson said:

I apply a light hand to moderation and remove very few posts. In general, I do so when when someone is being abusive. RT66indierock, however, has always been respectful of other posters to Stereophile.com.

John Atkinson

Editor, Stereophile

So are you saying you have never removed any of his posts?

32 minutes ago, Brinkman Ship said:

As I said, only if he was being abusive. You can find many many many posts at Stereophile.com from rt66indierock criticizing Stereophile, criticizing me, criticizing MQA etc, etc. I don't delete such postings. Why would I?

BTW, when I wrote "I expect that is due to rt66indierock not posting as much to our site as he does to yours, Chris," that was intended as humor. My apologies to Brinkman Ship for deluding him into taking it seriously. ?

John Atkinson

Editor, Stereophile

4 hours ago, Brinkman Ship said:

I don't think John has removed has removed any of my posts even some of the ones that skate very close to a line he drew in the sand on Audio Asylum about MQA topics. I respected his wishes and have not posted public financial information about Bob Stuart on Stereophile's site like I have on The Absolute Sound's site and other places.  

Always remember John and I could have dinner anytime starting tomorrow and have an enjoyable evening. We may not talk about audio though.

10 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

I don't think John has removed has removed any of my posts even some of the ones that skate very close to a line he drew in the sand on Audio Asylum about MQA topics. I respected his wishes and have not posted public financial information about Bob Stuart on Stereophile's site like I have on The Absolute Sound's site and other places.  

Always remember John and I could have dinner anytime starting tomorrow and have an enjoyable evening. We may not talk about audio though.

thanks for setting the record straight..none of your posts were removed from Stereophile.com by @John_Atkinson.

i believe they were at the TAS site...?

4 hours ago, John_Atkinson said:

As I said, only if he was being abusive. You can find many many many posts at Stereophile.com from rt66indierock criticizing Stereophile, criticizing me, criticizing MQA etc, etc. I don't delete such postings. Why would I?

BTW, when I wrote "I expect that is due to rt66indierock not posting as much to our site as he does to yours, Chris," that was intended as humor. My apologies to Brinkman Ship for deluding him into taking it seriously. ?

John Atkinson

Editor, Stereophile

record set straight..see post above...thanks.

oh, I did realize you were attempting humour...?