IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

2 minutes ago, shtf said:

Whatever happened to Sterophile’s Jim Austin?  It’s like he appeared briefly 6 weeks ago to sway or conquer, failed , then disappeared just as quickly

That about sums it up.

4 minutes ago, shtf said:

But I’ve no doubt they’re all reading every post in this thread just waiting for the next opportune time to strike.  And of course then disappear again. 

That would assume there are such opportunities. I can only infer they saw what previously had looked like opportunities all but dry up, and thus they've vanished.

6 minutes ago, shtf said:

Can anybody think of any other product or technology introduced to high-end audio where the magazines developed what seems almost like a swat team tag team mentality?

I cannot, no.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/30/2018 at 5:13 PM, Rt66indierock said:

I’ll know the book value when they post the financial statements in September. 

Hopefully it's akin to a house of cards with a lit match in dangerously close proximity.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, sandyk said:

Perhaps, but it is the first time it has happened to me with C.A. , and it didn't go away immediately.

Norton has been known over the years to generate a false positive from time to time, I wouldn't worry too much about It unless you were visiting a site with questionable pedigree.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, ARQuint said:

Isn't it conceivable that the guy just likes the way MQA sounds?

I guess so, but isn't it also conceivable that he has repeatedly demonstrated that he is nothing more than a shill? We've seen no evidence to the contrary.

Crenca, I sense hates the magazines on general principles—

Perhaps, but what about me then? I've subscribed to TAS and Stereophile magazines for decades now. I live in NY, but I buy the U.K. pubs on the news stand at $11 a pop... HiFi+, HiFi Choice, HiFi World, HiFi News & Record Report. I'm not a hater of the magazines, though I have seen the content quality diminish greatly over the years.

some agitprop blog.

I'm pretty sure we have no idea which blog you are even referring to based on that characterization. Doesn't begin to ring a bell.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

25 minutes ago, crenca said:

For example, it is true that Stereophile, TAS, and most of the rest of the "audiophile press" plug MQA "at every turn" and have done so for at least 3 years now - your spin is just that, spin.

TRUE ✔️

37 minutes ago, ARQuint said:

you'd think Stereophile and TAS are plugging MQA at every turn, when it actually comes up only episodically.

FALSE

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Paul R said:

What do you have that is new? 

The very same could be asked of you, and I've seen both your own and Lee's bogus veiled references to MQA here in the last page of posts as a lame not-clever veiled attempt at validating it from various angles.

Nice try.

While we're at it, nice attempt at the very same playbook that's been going on for literally years now: fail to answer any actual proof provided by technical experts and just pretend it doesn't exist, never at any time react to anything of substance previously offered, except in this case its just pretend there's "nothing new" even though no credible response to what you claim is old has never been provided by anyone, least of all you.

Responding in italics does not make any specific point, nor provide additional impact.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

21 minutes ago, Paul R said:

And your point is? That testing has shown lossy restoration? 

No, my point is that testing has shown MQA is lossy.

I think in recent pages MP3+ has been offered as a reasonable description if Master Quality Adulterated  proves undesirable for whatever reason.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

9 hours ago, Paul R said:

Like I said, you are not putting out anything new.

But you have with a vague reference to supposedly having heard of a "couple instances where people claimed" complete 24/96 restoration?

Of course if one has the correct software and hardware implementation only. Otherwise it's FOMO, and that's the intended takeaway I suppose, rush out and buy a Mytek or Pro-Ject or iFi DAC so that you can hear this wonderful 24/96 complete reconstruction for yourself, complete with the added bonus of that all-elusive time domain correction.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

15 minutes ago, Paul R said:

I doubt you have the math or experience to evaluate MQA, especially as the only way to do so is by looking at the results and working backwards.

15 minutes ago, Paul R said:

I wish you well, but doing bad things like you are doing will inevitably lead to unpleasant consequences.  That isn't a threat by the way, just a prediction. 

Welcome to my Ignored members list Mr. (self proclaimed) Highbrow/know-it-all, you are too clever.

Victory lap, pat yourself on the back, you really are a higher authority of some sort, what with all of the very compelling proof you've been providing?

I heard Lee is also good at math some pages back, also self-proclaimed curiously enough.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook