IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

3 hours ago, botrytis said:

but you gotta admit - the typo IS funny.

Perhaps revealing how he truly feels about some of us... 👺

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, KeenObserver said:

Speaking of Companies House, what does today's posting from MQA Ltd mean?

It basically says that whatever is supposed to be posted has been posted.

???

It appears to be an annual filing that UK corporation must make:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/confirmation-statement-guidance

Your understanding appears to be correct. Nothing material has changed at MQA.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Pierre LeMonf said:

Forgive me, but after parsing through this thread, isn't the quote below pure merde?

spacer.png

"When music is playing, the EVO's screen displays, along with the album cover, the song and album titles, the artist's name, the stream resolution, the file format, the track's total and elapsed time, and—if the track is MQA—the MQA logo accompanied by either a green or a blue dot indicating whether that MQA recording is engineer- or artist-approved (blue, "MQA Studio"). If the dot is green, it means that the file being streamed is intact MQA, but it may not be the most recent or definitive version of the recording.

I got a kick out of seeing my first blue authentication dot. I thought: "This recording is the real deal!" It appeared on the 24/192 MQA version of John Coltrane's cover of "My Favorite Things" (Atlantic/Qobuz) which I heard after I'd heard that same track on a green-lighted 16/44.1 MQA mix."

https://www.stereophile.com/content/cambridge-audio-evo-150-streaming-integrated-amplifier

Yes, pure unadulterated merde...

28 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

In reading through that piece, the author finds reason to mention mQa fourteen times. If you add the editor's footnotes, mQa is mentioned no less than sixteen times, in a 2 page review.

So many other aspects and features of that product are glossed over, or entirely skipped, in order to fully flesh out the mQa love fest the reviewer evidently experienced. 

How anyone reading that review wouldn't be able to read between the lines as to the true purpose (mQa promotion) is beyond me. Shame on the writer, the editor, and the publication as a whole in devoting so much time effort and space to such a sham.

I think they do Cambridge Audio a disservice there. What about all of the readers that have no interest in mQa but are force fed that level of garbage just to keep up the crusade? Aren't most other interesting aspects of the product design completely short changed in such a devout gushing?

Pathetic.

That publication trade rag needs a (real) editor!