IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

16 hours ago, Jud said:

It was years ago, so I don't have a link and don't remember the product. Perhaps Ted does, since it apparently caused him to change web copy.

I was in a dealer's listening room that had the HFTs.  Didn't hear anything notable, though the dealer was excited about them at the time.  A couple of months later they were gone, unremarked by the dealer.  I didn't notice a change in the room's sound.

Apologies for the OT, but I think the relationship between MQA and the Synergistic marketing is that both require a "willing suspension of disbelief" that to my mind isn't borne out by my listening experience or any data I've seen. (MQA at least does provably alter the signal.)

Here is the article:

https://www.audiostream.com/content/synergistic-research-high-frequency-transducer-and-frequency-equalizer

and your comment:

https://www.audiostream.com/comment/503310#comment-503310

I just googled "audiostream synergistic research quantum tunneling" and there it was :D

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子

3 minutes ago, crenca said:

You're the type of audiophile to which I refer SandyK.  You have no objective basis the judge anything other than "preference", so everything for you is a mere preference.  This is radical subjectivism.

Bullshit !

I am the ONLY C.A. member who has had their observations verified by way of the so called:" Gold Standard " of 6 separate correctly performed DBTs, as well as non sighted listening by Barry Diament and others.

People like you are so closed minded that you aren't even interested in  checking out any proof when it is offered, as I have done on several recent occasions with BR discs that have been available in the USA for > 6 months now.

You simply aren't interested in seeing /hearing anything that challenges your belief system,.

Talk about welded shut closed minds !

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

4 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Bullshit !

I am the ONLY C.A. member who has had their observations verified by way of the so called:" Gold Standard " of 6 separate correctly performed DBTs, as well as non sighted listening by Barry Diament and others.

People like you are so closed minded that you aren't even interested in  checking out any proof when it is offered, as I have done on several recent occasions with BR discs that have been available in the USA for > 6 months now.

You simply aren't interested in seeing /hearing anything that challenges your belief system,.

Talk about welded shut closed minds !

Your accusation is utterly empty and worthless.  An open mind is only good if it can actually wrap itself around something real and true.  You berate those who with open minds see lies and untruth.  You confuse lies with truth, and then bittch about so-called "closed minds".

You're the type of audiophile that the confidence men live for...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

10 minutes ago, crenca said:

We don't want to be a part of, and have never truly been a part of the audio silliness that you would have us tolerate. 

Then what on earth are you doing in a forum with the name of Computer Audiophile ?

What have you personally ever offered that may result in a further improvement in Computer Audio, which is the " raison d'être " for this forum, other than NEGATIVITY ?

All that I  am asking for is a little respect and civility to those whose views that you don't agree with, without insisting that they are shills or conmen or delusional. We have already seen one member banned for his unacceptable posts and threads in this area.

As I have already made very clear, I don't  feel the need for another format that I strongly believe can't possibly outperform well implemented high resolution LPCM.

You will also see that in a couple of threads started by Mani that I am on record as preferring the original high res samples over the MQA versions.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

11 minutes ago, Confused said:

Thankfully this is roughly the same odds as Lee agreeing to a non sighted test.

Then why not ask him ?

On 12/8/2018 at 1:58 PM, crenca said:

What Teddy and Lee Scoggins do for a living is just use words in a technobabble way to obscure, not to actually explain.  whether Lee Scoggins actually understands what "transducer" is or does is irrelevant - his whole participation in this thread, at the @The Computer AudiophileMQA seminar - indeed his whole "professional" participation in this hobby has this character of using words and not actually meaning anything at all.

I too am not sure that Lee actually understands the technobabble.

mQa is dead!

25 minutes ago, lucretius said:

I too am not sure that Lee actually understands the technobabble.

Does anyone understand MQA's technobabble?

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

49 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

Does anyone understand MQA's technobabble?

I think that the only person that could have understood MQA's technobabble is Professor Irwin Corey, The World's Foremost Authority.  But, sadly, he has passed away.

Perhaps Bob Stuart could take his place on the entertainment circuit.  It would probably be more profitable than Meridian.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook