IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

1 minute ago, mansr said:

Little bits of aluminium rod sold at a 10 million percent markup.

I am the first (and second, and third) to support open forums such as this one.  They are the best defense I know of against the Audiophile Dark Arts such as MQA, thimbles full of "nanotechnology" and the like.  It's always best to get astroturfers folks like Lee Scoggins talking about what they really believe, and why they believe it.

That said, I do admit that I sometimes yearn for discussion that is not weighed down by such utter nonsense.

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

32 minutes ago, mansr said:

So basically MQA is equivalent to a dick pill scam.

That really does sum it up.  I wonder if @The Computer Audiophilewould allow us to start a thread titled "Thimbles full of "nanotechnology", dick pill scams, boxes of rocks, and other things audiophiles fall for...."  You really can't make this stuff up ?

1 minute ago, Lee Scoggins said:

Do you have any first-hand experience with HFTs?

Why yes, yes I do.  Ted (Teddy to his friends I understand) himself gave me an almost personal demonstration once (me, and I don't know, 3 or 4 other old geezers).  His Magico's and VAC amps were making Eva Cassidy come alive, while he walked around the room moving his thimbles full of "nano-technology", one on the wall here, one near an old geezer there.  At one point he may or may not have had one on his forehead (you should try it - let us know how it "sounds"). He would move a couple, stop the music, and ask "can you hear the difference?".  The old geezers of course (being audiophiles) of course could, but then they probably also own beachfront property in Arizona.

I just smiled (avoiding the question).  Mostly because it was all so farcical (but of course your in the business of farcical...) but what I really wanted him to do was play some more Eva.

23 minutes ago, Lee Scoggins said:

Do you have any first-hand experience with HFTs?

Besides crenca's post, I will point out that one simply does not need "personal experience" to understand some things.

as one example, no scientist has  "personal experience" with mars, yet we understand quite a bit about it

but don't let me interrupt your idiotic claims Lee - you are reducing your credibility at a rapid rate

4 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

Besides crenca's post, I will point out that one simply does not need "personal experience" to understand some things.

as one example, no scientist has  "personal experience" with mars, yet we understand quite a bit about it

but don't let me interrupt your idiotic claims Lee - you are reducing your credibility at a rapid rate

Credibility?

He's promoting MQA!

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

18 hours ago, KeenObserver said:

Are you referring to the chorus of people that are pointing out that the Emperor has no clothes?  That's because THE EMPEROR HAS NO CLOTHES!

MQA is a fantastic scheme for the people making money from it.  It is absolute garbage for the music loving public

Did you even bother reading my post before embarking on yet another anti-MQA rant? I questioned Chris’s statement that there were only a few anti-MQA posters on this site. It had absolutely nothing to do with the value of MQA one way or the other and yet you still rode in on your white horse to save us all from the nefarious scheme that is MQA. Thereby proving my point. 

2 hours ago, FredericV said:

Judging from the amount of MQA posts and replies at CA, it looks like MQA is almost dead.
Even in the secret master quack FB group they are now doing a lot of off-topic posts, like audiophile fuses.
Some are even leaving the group .... best decision ever!

I wonder if the proverbial last nail in the coffin will be when (if?) Qobuz gets up and running here in North America.  We very niche "hi res" folks will have another source of streaming =&>16/44 that is MQA free and likely more viable in the medium/long term.  Without a surprise move (something unlikely like a major streamer such as Spotify getting on board} how will MQA be foisted unto the consumer?  Maybe Tidal limps along through irrational investor exuberance and perhaps because they can offer more selection in the pop/rock/electronica genre's than Qobuz??