IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

3 minutes ago, FredericV said:

Members of the secret MQA group appear to take all the MQA marketing for granted, without any critical thinking.

It's like talking to flat earthers. Today I encountered one:

image.thumb.png.92c545b2d3b4e38ad91ec675969894cf.png

So every fact that we discovered by reverse engineering and researching MQA, are half truths according to these shills.

A total lack of critical thinking? Oh you mean like Stereophile and TAS?

43 minutes ago, Fair Hedon said:

So everyone at the demo had a financial stake in a positive outcome, and that does not give you pause?

It is really hard to take you seriously at this point. 

Again with the personal attacks like you did on Hoffman which got the thread locked.  Can you please drop these attacks because we simply have different opinions?

At an audio show, the financial stake is to sell gear.  Peter and Sunny are selling Wilson speakers and ARC/T+A gear.  They don't have a stake in selling MQA.  Peter is world famous in many circles for the quality of his recordings.  Wilson Alexx speakers are known for their resolution and overall quality.  Bob probably figured this would make for some good demo sound.  

1 minute ago, Fair Hedon said:

Who founded MQA? Who is on the board? Who are the shareholders?

I am not making any claims about where cash is going or not.

What I AM saying is that MQA is/was a last desperate attempt to keep a failed business alive.

I'd buy into your view if Meridian would have kept the MQA intellectual property. But, with another entity owning the IP, it doesn't make much sense to funnel money back into a different failing business. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Just now, Lee Scoggins said:

Again with the personal attacks like you did on Hoffman which got the thread locked.  Can you please drop those simply because we have different opinions?

At an audio show, the financial stake is to sell gear.  Peter and Sunny are selling Wilson speakers and ARC/T+A gear.  They don't have a stake in selling MQA.  Peter is world famous in many circles for the quality of his recordings.  Wilson Alexx speakers are known for their resolution and overall quality.  Bob probably figured this would make for some good demo sound.  

You seem to want to read a conspiracy into everything...

Ridiculous reply ."They don't have a stake in selling MQA."  This really strips you of any credibility.

A Meridian dealer, who sells MQA compatible gear has no stake? Getting Wilson speakers heard in a public setting..no benefit there?  Ok.  Do you believe in the tooth fairy too?

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I'd buy into your view if Meridian would have kept the MQA intellectual property. But, with another entity owning the IP, it doesn't make much sense to funnel money back into a different failing business. 

I did not say anything about money being funneled..yet.

Since MQA is burning through their cash with essentially no revenue...there is nothing to funnel.

This was a huge bet. If not for the community rising up...it very well could have happened..Stuart could

have raked it in...had everything batch converted to MQA, got every DAC manufacturer on board, and then martinis in the South of France.

3 minutes ago, Fair Hedon said:

Ridiculous reply ."They don't have a stake in selling MQA."  This really strips you of any credibility.

A Meridian dealer, who sells MQA compatible gear has no stake? Getting Wilson speakers heard in a public setting..no benefit there?  Ok.  Do you believe in the tooth fairy too?

MQA won't sell Wilson speakers.  MQA could I guess sell some more Meridian players.  But lacking any evidence of foul play, you seem to be assuming the worst of the participants with no evidence to back it up.

MQA won't sell Wilson speakers.  MQA could I guess some more Meridian players.  But lacking any evidence of foul play, you seem to be assuming the worst of the participants with no evidence to back it up.

Find a post where I said there was foul play.

It is all about MOTIVES, and who gains from what.  I know for a FACT that MQA has recruited dealers to shill for MQA.

11 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I always thought HDCDs offered redbook quality on standard players and "enhanced" quality on HDCD players. I don't believe there is a version of degraded quality, but I could be wrong.

This is off-topic, but I have several Audio Fidelity CDs that turn on the HDCD light on CD players that can decode them, but, according to what I read over at the Hoffman forums over the years (Hoffman mastered many AF titles), none of the HDCD features ("Peak Extend", "Low Level Range Extend")  were used to master those titles.  I've never gotten a straight answer as to whether these titles played decoded or not decoded are identical.  I suspect someone more familiar with the Pacific Microsonics Model Two might have some answers.  But I'm not sure that "plays on regular CD players" is functionally equivalent to "full Redbook quality on regular CD players".

It is all about MOTIVES, and who gains from what.  I know for a FACT that MQA has recruited dealers to shill for MQA.

Can you share what evidence you have when you say "I know for a FACT that MQA has recruited dealers to shill for MQA."?

34 minutes ago, Fair Hedon said:

What problem is MQA trying to solve? That is easy..to keep Meridian from going into receivership. They have bled out roughly 30+ million pounds since 1977.  Last ditch, desperate effort to keep the doors open.

I did not say anything about money being funneled..yet.

Since MQA is burning through their cash with essentially no revenue...there is nothing to funnel.

This was a huge bet. If not for the community rising up...it very well could have happened..Stuart could

have raked it in...had everything batch converted to MQA, got every DAC manufacturer on board, and then martinis in the South of France.

Just trying to follow the logic. If MQA was created to solve the issue of Meridian going into receivership (as you said above), then it follows that money must be funneled to Meridian from MQA ltd. 

Maybe I'm looking at this differently. 

I just don't see Reinet pumping money into Meridian if it's dying and MQA is making money. All speculation at this point because neither is making money.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Can you share what evidence you have when you say "I know for a FACT that MQA has recruited dealers to shill for MQA."?

I know an MSB dealer who showed me emails from MQA strongly encouraging them and all their employees, even family members to go online, and post as consumers, as to the wonderful "benefits" of MQA. 

Just now, Fair Hedon said:

The recording industry has to sell recordings to make money. The easiest way to make money is to advertise a new "better" media type where they can get you to buy again the newer tech recording of what you already own. As long as they put both MQA and non MQA versions on the same disc, the market can sort it out in the long run. If they try to force MQA only, I'll have an issue.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Just trying to follow the logic. If MQA was created to solve the issue of Meridian going into receivership (as you said above), then it follows that money must be funneled to Meridian from MQA ltd. 

Maybe I'm looking at this differently. 

I just don't see Reinet pumping money into Meridian if it's dying and MQA is making money. All speculation at this point because neither is making money.

I am not sure why you don't understand why MQA could have been formed to keep Meridian and Stuart afloat.  We will leave it at that.

Just now, davide256 said:

The recording industry has to sell recordings to make money. The easiest way to make money is to advertise a new "better" media type where they can get you to buy again the newer tech recording of what you already own. As long as they put both MQA and non MQA versions on the same disc, the market can sort it out in the long run. If they try to force MQA only, I'll have an issue.

that is their ultimate goal.

14 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Hi,

Slightly off topic. Here is a scenario :

There is a project manager upgrading the studios, and the cables that the project manager designed and used throughout the studio where appropriate, cost £2,400 per metre. All the people in the studios stated it made a major difference in sound.

I suspect this is hypothetical, but the "major difference in sound" could be from the other upgrades?  Just trying to understand this hypothetical better.

4 minutes ago, Fair Hedon said:

I think it's always great to keep motives in mind. This can lead to answers easily some times. 

It would be a smart business decision for MQA ltd to recruit dealers and manufacturers and whomever, to shill for the product. Commerce is key. Whatever moves boxes is going to be pushed by people who sell boxes. That's just what they do. 

I don't see anything wrong with any manufacturer recruiting dealers to shill. But, ignoring this fact or possibility is less than genuine. 

3 minutes ago, Fair Hedon said:

I know an MSB dealer who showed me emails from MQA strongly encouraging them and all their employees, even family members to go online, and post as consumers, as to the wonderful "benefits" of MQA. 

Now that email would be very interesting to see. Not a smoking gun because nobody has been shot, but very interesting with respect to honesty and what most people feel is within/outside of the boundaries of good taste. 

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

It could have, but that makes zero business sense to me.

I am trying to play the devil’s advocate here, but say MQA (The company) becomes financially successful, Meridian claims they are bankrupt and gets at least part of their debt written off and then sell themselves to MQA for a pittance... it all stays in the family, correct?