IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

BACK TO THE FUTURE ie MQA(Vincent1234): I like it, I think the SQ is improved. What i don't like is the still lack of content ie no DEAD except American Beauty( still like the 'bloated' dvd-a disc) no Jerry alone or with others no Sinatra no 'old' Tom Waits etc.

Especially don't like TIDAL's interface search engine or the fact of being unable to do long queues or the ability to shuffle them especially with those 'MASTERS' or having to 'search' for hidden 'MASTERS'.

Has anyone noticed if a song will not play in a particular album you get a long static interlude whereas on Qobuz you get a sample mp3 then it goes on to the next song and shuffles the songs?

I think for now Qobuz just in FLAC is just as superior sounding but will wait until I get an MQA DAC on the cheap ie DF RED. Will still use ROON and A+ when they are MQA imbedded and see how they sound.

STC: what exactly is he trying to accomplish funny pointless sarcastic or all the above(remember K questions on standardised exam)? All the things I have posted no one except one has said what I posted was even funny/sarcastic or even serious he said it was hilarious-made my day.

Jud- very thin like angel hair-ever been to syracuse? another great restaurant is the DINOSAUR bbq-branches in rochester ny newark nj brooklyn and harlem always shown during su basketball games.

are you in bethlehem pa? my son and his st lawrence buds play golf at the old bethlehem steel golf club i guess it's only a short drive for them from nyc

aren't you getting a little exhausted from all this MQA banter? I really like it tho and have made a playlist of all the DEAD albums now available plus the tribute to Jerry sounds really good without a MQA DAC just from the TIDAL desktop

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, Jud said:

I want to know the wine that can get you your own chamber concert with a Strad. :)

any wine from ernie el's winery- my son was just there kissed his OPEN cup and played golf-that'll do it for me- he then swam with the sharks without a cage and all he listens to is LoFi Spotify and Pandora

bobbmd

19 hours ago, esldude said:

If this is the route taken, it means you will not ever have available to you a lossless copy of the high resolution master.  MQA is incapable of it by design.  It claims to be lossless audibly, but is incapable of true bit perfect lossless transfer.   There goes any chance to get the real master bit perfectly.  Getting the lossless version will cost extra just to rub salt into the wound. 

GET OVER IT

2 hours ago, crenca said:

What's wrong bob, can't handle the truth?  You like something that in the end is inferior (or is it your know in the back of your mind you have been duped), others point to the truth of the matter, and you resort to yelling...

OH WELL(is that yelling?) like I have said before I don't give a rat's ass how it got to me if it sounds good (be it MQA or not) so be it and some of it does not always sound good(MQA or not). I am getting really tired and I think a lot of others are also of this pompous know it all stuff and especially the racist/bigoted comments about the owners of TIDAL and the belittling of Gordon Rankin and Bob Stuart here and on other threads-at least the person I replied to hasn't made any ignorant comments about other non CA subjects like autism recently. The majority of us who read and contribute to CA would like it if we went back to audiophile/CA 'good ole days' of info/sarcasm/wit/humor. Just look at any of topics they are all the same things repeated over and over( some of it really vile/hurtful) in technical terms most of us don't understand  or care about-how much can you(others) beat a dead horse?   Even St.Thomas Aquinas couldn't even figure out how many angels could sit on the head of a pin. I just like music and how it sounds to my ears in whatever format and from who ever is sending it to me. I haven't been 'DUPED' as you put it, it  would take a lot more to do that to an 'ole country doc/former USMC_USN HC guy who now treats felons daily in addition to 'regular' people. BTW nice semi/quasi quote from 'A Few Good Men'.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

@The Computer Audiophile why hasn’t this idiotic thread been closed  considering all the concern about demenor(?SIC)/civility etc let alone logic ? I mean who really gives a Rat’s Ass and who has the time to ponder and worry over ‘how many angels can sit on a head of a pin’?

Happy Holidays and New Year

I KNOW—bobb — don’t stick your nose where it doesn’t belong—sorry couldn’t resist or restrain myself

@ARQuint well well and thank you very much... happy new year...but i really stuck my nose where it didn't belong especially in a thread i could really care less about except( i enjoy all forms and formats of music and am purely a subjectionvist if there is such a word!) for the  gross examples of incivility that seems to pervade many other threads here lately thanks again not a bad comment and observation for a newbie

• 4 years later...