IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

PS Audio is just another dupe that is afraid that people happy streaming MQA at no additional cost won't need to buy all the expensive inventory sitting in their warehouse collecting dust. What a moronic attempt at self preservation from a sycophant that feeds off people easily swayed by technobabble double talk.

I get your point but I disagree. MQA is a good alternative to redbook from what I've heard on my own dac but it's not a replacement for high res or buying better components such as PS Audio.

Regarding MQA in Roon I am confidently expecting something more than the Tidal software decoding. Roon have made it clear that MQA have had to do new development on their side. I don't see why if its just another license of their software decoder.

Am I wrong in thinking that there is far more coding to be done than simply adding a licensed plug-in? I'm guessing the fact that only the desktop version of Tidal was modified is not because an iphone doesn't have enough horsepower to decode MQA. The coding for IOS/Android is likely much more difficult if it's even possible.