IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

On 3/24/2019 at 7:37 PM, PeterSt said:

Hey Dirk - I think John announced not to know that.

From a Command Prompt:

mqascan inputfile

(inputfile can be a flac file)

Use your imagination at looking at the output. It's not difficult.

@John Dyson @Miska

So i've been trying to get this to work.

I have a video and article upcoming on MQA, and have actually had a few tracks of mine published in MQA, including with some test files including an impulse response, RMAA test sequence, white noise and a bunch of other stuff hidden inside that have allowed me to get a closer look at what's going on early in the process and with the true 44.1khz and hires masters available for direct comparison.

I'm currently trying to get this script to work to make a pseudo-MQA file and trick the DAC into thinking it's MQA, but have had no luck. I was able to get the MQAscan file to run using the file John Dyson posted, but the mqbgen I get nothing regardless of input. No error or anything, just nothing happens.

I'm not able to get it working by making on a linux system either. Same thing, command executes with no error and nothing happens.
Has anyone been able to get this working to create a file that the DAC recognises as MQA?

https://youtube.com/goldensound

Roon -> HQPlayer -> SMS200 Ultra/SPS500 -> Holo Audio May (Wildism Edition) -> Holo Audio Serene (Wildism Edition) -> Benchmark AHB2 -> Hifiman Susvara

1 hour ago, Cebolla said:

MQA-CD file tracks should be provided unscathed on the TIDAL HiFi quality (16bit/44.1kHz only) connection as they are already distributed at 16bit/44.1kHz,, but the hi-res MQA ones (which in your 88.2kHz case are distributed at 24bit/44.1kHz) should be corrupted as they're provided mangled to 16bit/44.1kHz.

That's what I thought too. And it certainly used to be the case. 

Unfortunately now though it seems that the 16/44 file is just the MQA file but without the client unfolding it. 

Its bitperfect to the 'masters' version and this was the case for any other track I've tried. 

Ive actually stopped my subscription because of this 

I pay tidal for lossless. If they no longer offer that for any track marked master, I don't want tidal. 

Ill double check with some other files that I know were definitely from 48/96khz masters as I can't imagine those would be the same

https://youtube.com/goldensound

Roon -> HQPlayer -> SMS200 Ultra/SPS500 -> Holo Audio May (Wildism Edition) -> Holo Audio Serene (Wildism Edition) -> Benchmark AHB2 -> Hifiman Susvara

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...