IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Because it is all available on a sampler, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some pre-MQA-transformation-processing done for giving the masters (from which the MQA is supposed to be derived) the proper "sound", which even Mr Elias is not aware of.

In any case, there's also other lossy codecs which sometimes can sound pretty good, though hardly ever as good as the original (without remastering).

So if Mr Elias likes the lossy MQA sound or even prefers it over his DSD versions, OK for me. After all, it supposedly generates the sound the artist wanted it to sound, no?!

Jan

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/30/2020 at 6:14 PM, Kal Rubinson said:

This thread reminds me of an old joke from high school:

Two guys on a city bus.

Guy1:  Why do you keep throwing tissues out of the window throughout the ride?
Guy2:  They keep away the elephants.

Guy1:  But there are no elephants................

Guy2:  Effective, isn't it?

🙃

Could it be that those guys both missed "the elephant in the city bus"?

😉

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Let's see. Not sure it's going to make much of a splash...

Considering the sparse news history on their website, it seems they are pretty busy with patent related issues.

If they managed to pick up the IP-assets cheap, maybe they hope to recuperate some of the undisclosed settlement in license fees they had to pay to Sonos. Imagine how "much" they could pick up from all the MQA-CDs that are being/going to be sold :)

Of course all the fancy marketing terms/blur linked to MQA can be recuperated for free (everybody already jumping on it), but I wouldn't bet on MQA 2.0 . And if need be, debunking 2.0 lays in wait...