Rt66indierock

MQA is Vaporware

Rate this topic

51 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Hi,

I saw that the author of the article is known on this site. Something, something, mother.....

Anyway - is that your real name ??? or a pseudonym ?? or an anagram ???

Regards,

Shadders.

My friends call me Izzy.

Question for you...IS there an "MQA Police???? 😲

18 hours ago, new_media said:

Not sure when they started, but apparently ProStudioMasters has joined Onkyo Music in offering MQA alongside lossless hi-res. Would love to see some comparative sales figures on that.

https://www.prostudiomasters.com/album/page/31855

That is truly a shame. i have bought quite a few downloads from them. No more.😙

What I find VERY disturbing is that that hundreds of MQA albums have appeared out of no where on PSM.

Many of them are albums that have been previously remastered, and sold as 24 bit downloads. They CLEARLY have been run through the MQA sausage maker. And in fact are now LOSSSY. A good example is the 24/96 Doors Studio Album virtual box set, done by original engineer Bruce Botnick circa 2009. There are numerous others. 😴

2 minutes ago, rickca said:

On ProStudioMasters, The Doors 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition

FLAC 24/96 costs $24.49

MQA 24/192 costs $32.89 (same price as FLAC 24/192)

Hilarious.  So uninformed people are going to pay a premium for MQA.  I'm pretty sure Jim Morrison didn't approve it.

A fool and their money are soon parted...😎

6 minutes ago, mansr said:

The Cheskys are already enthusiastic MQA supporters. Do not buy from them, even if they're not offering MQA downloads.

Were they not planning an MQA streaming service, sort of a Fox News for streaming, where there is an alternate reality?😎

What happened?  And if they were MQA supporters, why have they not opted to sell MQA downloads like PSM?

Lastly, why has no music, to the best of my knowledge, on the Chesky label, been MQA processed?

4 minutes ago, mav52 said:

The HD Tracks Streaming service was called HDmusicStream, 7 Digital will “will handle app development, host the music catalogue on its platform and deliver tracks to consumers.”   But this was supposed to happen a year or so ago.

...and is probably DOA...

Just now, Jud said:

I was sure I saw several the other day when I was searching there, to my consternation.  But when I have a chance after I'm home, I'll double-check to be sure I haven't confused them with someone else.

I did numerous searches and zero comes up. 

5 minutes ago, Jud said:

I just double checked. Though you're correct that there are currently no MQA downloads, their format search already includes MQA and MQA Studio.  (That's why I assumed they already had content.) So in all likelihood, it's coming soon.

FYI, their format search has included MQA for over 2 years now..with zero results ever coming up. It really is vaporware.😎

4 minutes ago, Lee Scoggins said:

Last time I commented on Chesky's streaming service was roughly a year ago but a lot has happened since then.  Back then the service was about to launch but some problems arose beyond their control and the project was delayed.  I remain in touch with David but I'm not at liberty to say more at this time.  The issues were not related to MQA.

Why not just come out and say it is dead and buried, instead of beating around the bush?🙄

Just now, Lee Scoggins said:

Because I'm not sure it's dead.  

Stop it. It has zero chance of surviving commercially and you know it, And they know it. The patient is dead. 

2 minutes ago, Lee Scoggins said:

David gave me some homework for the weekend.  Maybe I'll ask him if he wants to share any news here.

hmm..you appear to me to be a name dropping sycophant, and nothing more I won't be holding my breath for any news.😴

1 minute ago, Lee Scoggins said:

What information do you base that statement on?  

Are you saying this only for MQA?

I am sorry, I don't understand your question...?

1 minute ago, Paul R said:

Cut out the silly argumentative stuff, will you please?  I do not think that many people  appreciate the snark. 

the man just said he does not know - leave it at that. I am pretty darn sure *you* don't know either. 

Interesting> Posters here have intimated you and Mr. Lee are somehow connected...a "tag team" of sorts..I am beginning to wonder.